Potential replacement coaches

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Any guesses? I would say it wouldn't shock me if it’s totally out of left field.

No, but I think its done already. Trade deadline is Thursday when teams pack it in. We'll see if my gut is right shortly. No leaks because the media is shaking the college trees and no one knows anything.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I'm just think we are all looking in the wrong direction. I think Dolson wants an NBA  guy not a college coach. He said in his presser thats what kids these days focus on and he wants someone to draw kids to IU. Its going to be an NBA Head coach. Who ever that is. My gut feeling.

I don’t think it has to be an NBA guy per se, but just understands where the NBA is going to attract better talent here .... basically anything but Archie’s offense.   Musselman has NBA experience.   Beilein obviously does too.  Oats offense shoots a ton of 3s.    

Still a lot of options and some guys still coaching or just got done.  

2 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I don’t think it has to be an NBA guy per se, but just understands where the NBA is going to attract better talent here .... basically anything but Archie’s offense.   Musselman has NBA experience.   Beilein obviously does too.  Oats offense shoots a ton of 3s.    

Still a lot of options and some guys still coaching or just got done.  

Oates has a 17 million buyout and has said no thanks.

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Don’t flip out that Armaan just put his name in the transfer portal.  At least not yet.  He’s just testing the market.  I don’t like it but it is today’s college basketball.

Why would anyone flip out if anyone from this team left. Together its a bad team. Just good enough to get you fired guys.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Get a freaking coach. Id assume everyone is available to talk besides lewis and muss. Christ 

Geez...people are so impatient these days.  Let Dolson do his job and then judge the results.  I have NO IDEA who the coach will be, but IF he gets a Self, Drew, Muss etc...wouldn't it have been worth the wait compared to a Woodson, Smart, Alford, Fife etc rush job???

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Don’t flip out that Armaan just put his name in the transfer portal.  At least not yet.  He’s just testing the market.  I don’t like it but it is today’s college basketball.

There will be 2000 kids in the portal this year. North Carolinas best player entered yesterday. you'll be able to build a top 5 team before its over....lol

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Why would anyone flip out if anyone from this team left. Together its a bad team. Just good enough to get you fired guys.

We did not have a good team but you don’t throw out the baby with the bath water.  Franklin is a very good wing, with good size and athleticism.  He’s one of the few locked in, truly competitive guys on the court we had and he obviously works hard off it (he improved dramatically).  IMO he has distinguished himself in these respects over some of the other veteran guys.

Plus, he’s got two years of high level experience.  He’s like a dream transfer for somebody.  We need more players like him.  He just needs to stay away from the intense chatter out there, with all the sky is falling crap.  

Just now, iucane said:

Geez...people are so impatient these days.  Let Dolson do his job and then judge the results.  I have NO IDEA who the coach will be, but IF he gets a Self, Drew, Muss etc...wouldn't it have been worth the wait compared to a Woodson, Smart, Alford, Fife etc rush job???

Its okay to be frustrated lmao 

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

We did not have a good team but you don’t throw out the baby with the bath water.  Franklin is a very good wing, with good size and athleticism.  He’s competing on the court and works hard off it (he improved dramatically).  Plus, he’s got two years of high level experience.  He’s like a dream transfer for somebody.  We need more players like him.  He just needs to stay away from the intense chatter out there, with all the sky is falling crap.  

If anyone on this team goes they can be replaced. Do you want an Franklin to bail on you. no. but if he does there are 10 of him in the portal.

Just now, Indykev said:

If anyone on this team goes they can be replaced. Do you want an Franklin to bail on you. no. but if he does there are 10 of him in the portal.

Agree to disagree on that one, my friend.  The world wouldn’t end but he’s the ideal player for the new coach to start with.   

There will be 2000 kids in the portal this year. North Carolinas best player entered yesterday. you'll be able to build a top 5 team before its over....lol

If you have someone in place to take advantage.  Armaan is going to be getting approached by a whole bunch of teams I imagine, including ones whose pitch is "we were in the tournament and we need a guy like you".  Meanwhile, we are still waiting for a guy to be in place to even make a pitch for our own players.

Yes, yes...patience and all that, but there are some definite downsides to not having a guy in place.  Minnesota and Penn State currently do.  Purdue just lost a recruit because of their assistant going to Penn State.  We have no one in place to take advantage of that right now and only 16 teams and coaches are still involved in the tournament.

If we are truly waiting on one of those last 16 coaches to come free, I sure as hell hope that Dolson has a more ironclad guarantee of their willingness to take the job then he did from the Masshole.

10 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I dont know who this program can hire honestly, most have shot offers/talks/interest down.

Almost every coach who left one job for another at one point shot down offers/talks/interest. Do you really take employed people at face value when they tell their employer they aren't leaving? 

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If you have someone in place to take advantage.  Armaan is going to be getting approached by a whole bunch of teams I imagine, including ones whose pitch is "we were in the tournament and we need a guy like you".  Meanwhile, we are still waiting for a guy to be in place to even make a pitch for our own players.

Yes, yes...patience and all that, but there are some definite downsides to not having a guy in place.  Minnesota and Penn State currently do.  Purdue just lost a recruit because of their assistant going to Penn State.  We have no one in place to take advantage of that right now and only 16 teams and coaches are still involved in the tournament.

If we are truly waiting on one of those last 16 coaches to come free, I sure as hell hope that Dolson has a more ironclad guarantee of their willingness to take the job then he did from the Masshole.

Kids have a free year here to move and play right away. They are going to look at it if they have issues. Armaan i guess has an issue.

Archived