Potential replacement coaches

49 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I mean does Izzo or Underwood have a no nonsense attitude?  I really don't know this guy from any of you standing on the street without googling him.  

They are also successful and proven college guys... Woodson is strictly an NBA guy with zero college experience. Yes I understand Juwan Howard is having success but Juwan Howard also offers a name, respect, and likeability due to him being younger that Woodson doesn’t have. Juwan Howard, Izzo, and Underwood are all guys you would know if you’re standing next to them. Woodson you would have no idea as you said above.

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm hoping the coach is not announced to after the tournament.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You want a coach who's good enough to still have a team playing.  It's not like that would be announced 5 minutes after the game.

The moment the buzzer sounds in the last game of the coach we hire, I hope he rips open his shirt like Superman to reveal a giant Indiana logo, puts on an IU hat, and does the airplane around center court while Indiana confetti falls from the ceiling.

Then his starting five immediately announce they will transfer to IU.

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

In Dolsons defense, hiring Brad Stevens is legit the only candidate I’ve seen our fan base collectively rally around. Anyone else is going to give us mixed feedback.

Yes but there’s “mixed bag” as in 20-30% support and “mixed bag” 50-60% support and “mixed bag” 70-80% support. 😫

Stevens was probably 92-98%...

I don’t want a candidate that less than 60% support initially. We shouldn’t be shelling out all we are in a buyout, transition costs, and contract to hire someone we need an awesome press conference to get more than half the base to say “Ok ok let’s give this guy a chance.” And we don’t need a candidate where more than half are saying “well that isn’t exciting but AT LEAST he should be better than Archie.”  NOT COOL

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I got it made. I have no idea what she sees in me and I am not going to ask. Lol

Hey man...I’m married to a home coming queen....I feel ya!! Who says God doesn’t answer prayers lol! Well..at least my prayers...my wife...she has been known to pray for a sale at Dillards so I guess that is on her!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

DD on his show with Doyle that every former player is lobbying  for themselfeves. Fife, Woodson, Isaiah Thomas, Chenny, Alford.

Doyle said the Matta, woodson stuff was all lies. No one knows if Dolson even talked to Stevens. He said he had Dolson on speed dial and has asked other and Dolson is tight lipped. .  Everything you are hearing is made up.

I hope this is true. It would make me feel a lot better. I am actually starting to come around on the IU guys more than I ever have, but I don't want a 63 year old first time CBB head coach. Same with Isiah, he's a terrible coach. Alford, I just don't think he's a good enough coach, but at this point, I want coaches who would kill for the job, not guys who are looking for the biggest paycheck. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I hope this is true. It would make me feel a lot better. I am actually starting to come around on the IU guys more than I ever have, but I don't want a 63 year old first time CBB head coach. Same with Isiah, he's a terrible coach. Alford, I just don't think he's a good enough coach, but at this point, I want coaches who would kill for the job, not guys who are looking for the biggest paycheck. 

If people want Bob Knight without the absolute craziness, Michael Lewis is your guy, personality/characteristic wise.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Indykev said:

DD on his show with Doyle that every former player is lobbying  for themselfeves. Fife, Woodson, Isaiah Thomas, Chenny, Alford.

Doyle said the Matta, woodson stuff was all lies. No one knows if Dolson even talked to Stevens. He said he had Dolson on speed dial and has asked other and Dolson is tight lipped. .  Everything you are hearing is made up.

To piggyback based on what my friend told me: Doyel said he's completely in the dark and has the best sources. He was refuting the Matta failed physical story. DD was trying to say that "every old guy lobbying for Woodson was not true." Fife wants himself, Isiah the same, Alford wants Alford as does DD. DD said later that Matta would run to IU if offered. Doyel LOVES Matta but says it's a terrible hire now. Says he's burned out and has shown no evidence he is back to form. He says you call Matta in august if you're still looking for a coach 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ephul said:

If people want Bob Knight without the absolute craziness, Michael Lewis is your guy, personality/characteristic wise.

I hope this doesn't come off like it sounds, but how do you know? Like I really don't know much about Lewis as a coach. I know where he's been etc., but nothing about his abilities. 

• Like 1