Potential replacement coaches

Just now, IU Scott said:

Because VO is getting trade again and dpn't have anything to do with IU.  Does he think Stevens will get traded to IU at the deadline.

IMO, the implications of that statement center around the Celtics trading away players at the deadline thus giving Stevens an out.  At least that's my take.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

IMO, the implications of that statement center around the Celtics trading away players at the deadline thus giving Stevens an out.  At least that's my take.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

...but why would he “cringe” writing that about the IU bb? That he can’t believe that he IS hearing about Stevens potentially to IU all over again?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm all over the place on what I want. That ship sailed last week so I keep coming back to Beilein and Musselman. Beilein for a 5-6 year stop gap and get the program grounded again. People bring up the age deal. Guess what. Saban is a year older.

The main difference is that Saban has been there a while, has established that program over the years and wins big.  Beilein has taken at least 3-4 years to get his programs established pretty much wherever he’s been.  It’s not a knock on Beilein, it just typically takes a little time to get your program established.  If he were to get hired, he would be ready to retire by the time he (potentially) gets this thing going.  I just don’t think Dolson pays 10m for a stop gap. I would think he wants someone who is going to be here a while if/when they find success.  The longer this thing drags out, the more confident I become that we’ll get someone good.  Just a feeling.

13 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

...but why would he “cringe” writing that about the IU bb? That he can’t believe that he IS hearing about Stevens potentially to IU all over again?

It’s making me cringe that the tweet is going to create a 10 page poop storm.

....guess I’ll get my rain coat. :snack:

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, CincyHoosier said:

That’s the way I took it also. Do NOT believe anything is going to happen but that’s how it reads to me.

Now let me play conspiracy theorist: Boston agreed to let Brad go but wanted to make it win win all the way around. Asked to push it off hard till the trade deadline so they can get Max value for pieces they’re going to trade or trade FOR. Then after he can go.

Meantime “leaks” that aren’t true come out keeping everyone occupied to burn time.

There you go. I don’t buy anything with Brad.

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

That’s the way I took it also. Do NOT believe anything is going to happen but that’s how it reads to me.

Now let me play conspiracy theorist: Boston agreed to let Brad go but wanted to make it win win all the way around. Asked to push it off hard till the trade deadline so they can get Max value for pieces they’re going to trade or trade FOR. Then after he can go.

Meantime “leaks” that aren’t true come out keeping everyone occupied to burn time.

There you go. I don’t buy anything with Brad.

I think these guys are purely trying to get followers/attention. Nothing more nothing less. Spreading gossip, rumors, and conspiracy theories is basically 80% of the internet these days. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

How the hell does the NBA trade deadline effect IU basketball

Maybe he’s hearing the Celtics are going to sell, which means Stevens will be let go? 

cringing because the rumor mill is churning again, and we know how that turned out before