Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

What? Lol you're taking this to heart, my bad. 

I've given why you there's no reason to consider him. It's ok to disagree, you agree? It's going to be ok. 

I have no idea if he'll be the coach.  Honestly, probably not.  You haven't given me one reason why there's no reason to consider him.  Coaching IU would be a massive step down to him.  I'm perfectly fine agreeing to disagree.  Just trying to find your rationale as I continue to find your reasons, meritless.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I have no idea if he'll be the coach.  Honestly, probably not.  You haven't given me one reason why there's no reason to consider him.  Coaching IU would be a massive step down to him.  I'm perfectly fine agreeing to disagree.  Just trying to find your rationale as I continue to find your reasons, meritless.

Absolutely I have. 63, no college experience, horrible record. 

You want more of what we endured the last 20 years? Hire Mike Woodson. 

Idk why you can't see why he shouldn't be considered. Thats on you. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No one has transferred. Three players have put there names in the portal. At least two of them, and probably the most important one in Armaan, have said they are keeping the door open to returning to Bloomington. Don't make this out to be a mass exodus from IU. Not even close.

Race in transfer portal. That’s 3 plus TJD might go NBA.

Again, what are they waiting on?

38 minutes ago, aaprice14 said:

This resume would interest me:

• 2014, 2016 and 2018 National Champions

• 2014, 2016 and 2018 National Coach of the Year

• 6-time League Coach of the Year

• 420-108 (.795) career record makes him the all time winningest coach at the university

• 201-57 (.779) Conference record

• 10 Regular Season Conference Championships in the past fourteen seasons

• 10 Quarterfinal appearances in the last thirteen seasons--more than any school in the country

• Has led his team to top-6 ranking in each of the last thirteen years

• Has coached 19 All Americans and 31 All Conference players in his 15 seasons

• Played in four NCAA Tournaments while at Valparaiso University

Can anyone guess who it is?

Toungenail sp?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cutter said:

He would definitely be an upgrade but my personal preference is more uptempo 

Fair. I was reading one of his best offensive seasons was with Lewis on staff.   That would check a lot of boxes.    Plus - if he can get that talent to Lubbock, you would hope he could get better to Bloomington (people say Lubbock is rough).    

And yeah - I’d love muss too ... maybe Dolson is waiting on him.   Who knows?  Nobody actually really ... besides Scott himself. 

Answer this question HONESTLY...considering the candidates we are talking about...and the players considering transferring and where they could go and what coaches they’d end up playing under...

Is the candidate(s) you are good with ones that our players would say “OH YEA! Since we hired HIM I’m jacked to stay!”

Or will they say “who the heck is that?” “Oh he’s an IU guy...” “umm ok...I think I’m gonna transfer.”

And before you say “we need to hire someone who’s best for the longterm and not hire who the current players want.”

I AGREE!!!!! THAT IS NOT MY POINT!

Since college coaching is more than HALF recruiting...that’s a heck of a good litmus test for how recruiting would go under that coach at LEAST for awhile. Keep that in mind folks.

Stop looking at the candidates through our eyes exclusively as older men and women(Mrs. Stoller your who I thought of when I said WOMEN! You matter too 🙂). Try to look at these thru the kid’s eyes. 🙏🙏

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely I have. 63, no college experience, horrible record. 

You want more of what we endured the last 20 years? Hire Mike Woodson. 

Idk why you can't see why he shouldn't be considered. Thats on you. 

This is like an infamous @IU Scott vs @IUFLA argument. lol

He doesn't have college experience because he was too busy in the most premiere basketball league the world has to offer, coaching and training NBA men who gloat over him(why are you ignoring this?).  NCAA is a step down for this man.

His record is actually great considering the dumpster organizations he was leading.  It has been factually proven he enhanced them( why are you ignoring this?).  Calipari and Pitino stunk up the NBA.

63 is not that old.  Some people want/wanted Leonard Hamilton, 73 this summer, Beilein turning 69 by end of season and looking a fresh 80, Pitino 69 by season.  

Boeheim 76

k 74

Williams 70

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is like an infamous @IU Scott vs @IUFLA argument. lol

He doesn't have college experience because he was too busy in the most premiere basketball league the world has to offer, coaching and training NBA men who gloat over him(why are you ignoring this?).  NCAA is a step down for this man.

His record is actually great considering the dumpster organizations he was leading.  It has been factually proven he enhanced them( why are you ignoring this?).  Calipari and Pitino stunk up the NBA.

63 is not that old.  Some people want/wanted Leonard Hamilton, 73 this summer, Beilein turning 69 by end of season and looking a fresh 80, Pitino 69 by season.  

Boeheim 76

k 74

Williams 70

All of those coaches are incredibly more accomplished than MW. Shew. 

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Answer this question HONESTLY...considering the candidates we are talking about...and the players considering transferring and where they could go and what coaches they’d end up playing under...

Is the candidate(s) you are good with ones that our players would say “OH YEA! Since we hired HIM I’m jacked to stay!”

Or will they say “who the heck is that?” “Oh he’s an IU guy...” “umm ok...I think I’m gonna transfer.”

And before you say “we need to hire someone who’s best for the longterm and not hire who the current players want.”

I AGREE!!!!! THAT IS NOT MY POINT!

Since college coaching is more than HALF recruiting...that’s a heck of a good litmus test for how recruiting would go under that coach at LEAST for awhile. Keep that in mind folks.

Stop looking at the candidates through our eyes exclusively as older men and women(Mrs. Stoller your who I thought of when I said WOMEN! You matter too 🙂). Try to look at these thru the kid’s eyes. 🙏🙏

Thing is, it's hard to read people's minds. None of us know who "jacked to stay" is.

The last time this went down in the way your describing, Mike Davis stayed on as HC. 

Edited by Steubenhoosier