Potential replacement coaches

6 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Answer this question HONESTLY...considering the candidates we are talking about...and the players considering transferring and where they could go and what coaches they’d end up playing under...

Is the candidate(s) you are good with ones that our players would say “OH YEA! Since we hired HIM I’m jacked to stay!”aOr will they say “who the heck is that?” “Oh he’s an IU guy...” “umm ok...I think I’m gonna transfer.”

And before you say “we need to hire someone who’s best for the longterm and not hire who the current players want.”

I AGREE!!!!! THAT IS NOT MY POINT!

Since college coaching is more than HALF recruiting...that’s a heck of a good litmus test for how recruiting would go under that coach at LEAST for awhile. Keep that in mind folks.

Stop looking at the candidates through our eyes exclusively as older men and women(Mrs. Stoller your who I thought of when I said WOMEN! You matter too 🙂). Try to look at these thru the kid’s eyes. 🙏🙏

I guess we will find out.  Armaan is the only one with huge upside.  

I'm still waiting on anyone, open challenge, to convince me players wouldn't want to play for a guy that has been training and coaching NBA guys for 30 years.  If it's Woodson and everyone rolls out, it could be a combination of things, fresh start, new coach, etc.  As a parent, I'd be down to have my kid coached by a guy with 30 years experience.  

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Did he interview?

What's the scoop?  

I'm so dumb.  Shew

Wouldn't know 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ 

Did you room with MW or something? I didn't realize there were people so passionate about him.  

Edited by btownqb

Best guess everyone...Dolson has someone locked up or nearly so.  Probably Beard.  He's putting out all the dumpster fire smokescreens like Woodson, Cheaney, Matta, etc so that when Beard is announced we'll all breath a big sigh of relief and be happy.  He's knows we're all letdown after Stevens said no.  Just an educated guess.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Best guess everyone...Dolson has someone locked up or nearly so.  Probably Beard.  He's putting out all the dumpster fire smokescreens like Woodson, Cheaney, Matta, etc so that when Beard is announced we'll all breath a big sigh of relief and be happy.  He's knows we're all letdown after Stevens said no.  Just an educated guess.

I would be happy if IU ends up hiring Beard.

I would maybe even do a happy dance...

ebcb95d8bdcf811b0b268cee2631123b.gif

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If it’s not Woodson, I think Dolson needs to schedule an emergency press conference to announce that... For the sake of the fanbase’s sanity, lmao.

When did anyone accuse us of being sane? This hire will determine the next 20 years of IU basketball (just like the last 3 hires).

• Like 1

I say take our time since the transfers are already set no point in panicking and getting any coach but will say this if dolson hires a very meh hire this will be on dolson for f**king up the search since he decided to take very long time just to hire a assistant, iu guy or another mid major and watch them try to recruit the scraps that we have after the whole team transfers because the hire was very underwhelming.

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

I guess I don't really know why people are freaking out. Dolson clearly stated that you wont hear from him again until they hire a coach. He doesn't owe us anything to be honest, so what are people getting on him for? We just fired Archie...a week ago or so?

I personally love the silence from him, he's all business. He's doing his homework and not just hiring someone to hire someone. Did I fall for the Stevens rumor, sure, but I think a lot of people did. For all we know he told these players they are welcome to enter the transfer portal until he tells them who the coach is. I don't blame any of the players.

I'm with you.  Love the silence.

The freak out is coming from Stevens rumors and the transfers.  

Also some making Woodson out to be some idiot that never even coached YMCA ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I guess I don't really know why people are freaking out. Dolson clearly stated that you wont hear from him again until they hire a coach. He doesn't owe us anything to be honest, so what are people getting on him for? We just fired Archie...a week ago or so?

I personally love the silence from him, he's all business. He's doing his homework and not just hiring someone to hire someone. Did I fall for the Stevens rumor, sure, but I think a lot of people did. For all we know he told these players they are welcome to enter the transfer portal until he tells them who the coach is. I don't blame any of the players.

Dude. The more reasonable any explanation, the worse!  Ha.     We are our own worst enemy in every possible way at this point ... not to mention - some legit candidates are still frickin coaching 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

To be clear, I don’t have a problem with the silence either.  But tell that to the people who have been flipping out for the past week, haha.  After the Archie hire came out of nowhere four years ago, I realized that the coaching search rumor mill is pretty worthless.  And this search hasn’t even really gone on that long... None of the other schools that fired their coaches have found a replacement yet.

But I will say, if it does end up being Woodson, that’s probably the final nail in the coffin for IU basketball.  Really hoping we can do better than that. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Thing is, it's hard to read people's minds. None of us know who "jacked to stay" is.

The last time this went down in the way your describing, Mike Davis stayed on as HC. 

My hole point was NOT that. My point is if there’s no name recognition and no “get young adults pumped up” with OUR players why should we expect that person to carry weight with HS kids.

Now IN TIME maybe they establish a name for themselves...winning cures all. But we seem to forget some of these candidates aren’t going to inspire much right away AT ALL.