Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I guess I don't really know why people are freaking out. Dolson clearly stated that you wont hear from him again until they hire a coach. He doesn't owe us anything to be honest, so what are people getting on him for? We just fired Archie...a week ago or so?

I personally love the silence from him, he's all business. He's doing his homework and not just hiring someone to hire someone. Did I fall for the Stevens rumor, sure, but I think a lot of people did. For all we know he told these players they are welcome to enter the transfer portal until he tells them who the coach is. I don't blame any of the players.

Thank you!

Finally some logic and reasoning. 

The constant "sky is falling" reactions are exhausting. 

I got caught up in the Stevens stuff, who didn’t, but that’s what I was hearing.  Then everything went quiet, now I’m hearing names and just laugh. So as has been said a ton nobody knows.  For all we know Dolson could be ponying up more money to Stevens, talking to beard, talking to Matta, talking to JB, talking to Fife.  We just don’t know and I’m ok with this.

Edit- if you live in Indiana you should either be outside enjoying the spring weather, golfing, watching basketball, fishing, etc.  I really miss the days when newspapers broke the news of stuff like this. 

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

I got caught up in the Stevens stuff, who didn’t, but that’s what I was hearing.  Then everything went quiet, now I’m hearing names and just laugh. So as has been said a ton nobody knows.  For all we know Dolson could be ponying up more money to Stevens, talking to beard, talking to Matta, talking to JB, talking to Fife.  We just don’t know and I’m ok with this.

Is your gut that now it’s just “throw distraction possible hires” everywhere while they start down the Plan B list? 
That’s what is feels like 

27 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Best guess everyone...Dolson has someone locked up or nearly so.  Probably Beard.  He's putting out all the dumpster fire smokescreens like Woodson, Cheaney, Matta, etc so that when Beard is announced we'll all breath a big sigh of relief and be happy.  He's knows we're all letdown after Stevens said no.  Just an educated guess.

From your lips to God’s ears on Beard. 

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

To be clear, I don’t have a problem with the silence either.  But tell that to the people who have been flipping out for the past week, haha.  After the Archie hire came out of nowhere four years ago, I realized that the coaching search rumor mill is pretty worthless.  And this search hasn’t even really gone on that long... None of the other schools that fired their coaches have found a replacement yet.

But I will say, if it does end up being Woodson, that’s probably the final nail in the coffin for IU basketball.  Really hoping we can do better than that. 

Actually Minnesota did fire and hire already...but yeah, the majority of schools haven't.  Patience is the word for the day...week.

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Is your gut that now it’s just “throw distraction possible hires” everywhere while they start down the Plan B list? 
That’s what is feels like 

Honestly I read my messages but after the Stevens thing I haven’t given them much credibility.  I’m just going to wait and see and even after that if it’s a Mike Woodson type hire, I’m still giving him a chance because we never truly know until the ball hits the court

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Edit- if you live in Indiana you should either be outside enjoying the spring weather, golfing, watching basketball, fishing, etc.  I really miss the days when newspapers broke the news of stuff like this. 

Social media and message boards is probably the death of sports

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Listening to Dakich on YouTube.  Did he honestly just say that we'd probably win multiple NTs with him as the coach?  Wow.

Well the fact he couldn’t get one of the most talented iu teams I’ve seen us put on the floor with White, Gordon, basset, Crawford, stemler, and Ellis to win more than 1 game and lose to a crappy Minnesota and Arkansas team shows me that’s not true...I think he’s a good basketball mind, but dude is so full of himself and everyone knows it he will never have another coaching job. Especially when he can just spew crap o the radio and mute and disconnect people who disagree with him lol

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Listening to Dakich on YouTube.  Did he honestly just say that we'd probably win multiple NTs with him as the coach?  Wow.

Guys that are or have been are always confident in themselves. If hey aren’t they shouldn’t be in that business. I also think he was being a little sarcastic.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Well the fact he couldn’t get one of the most talented iu teams I’ve seen us put on the floor with White, Gordon, basset, Crawford, stemler, and Ellis to win more than 1 game and lose to a crappy Minnesota and Arkansas team shows me that’s not true...I think he’s a good basketball mind, but dude is so full of himself and everyone knows it he will never have another coaching job. Especially when he can just spew crap o the radio and mute and disconnect people who disagree with him lol

I'm no Dakich fan but come on.  Those stoners completely quit on him.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Guys that are or have been are always confident in themselves. If hey aren’t they shouldn’t be in that business. I also think he was being a little sarcastic.

Remember who he learned from, one of the greatest ever, but not a humble man. Lol

I wish there was a way I could just set my phone to alert me when Dolson is set to announce.

Regardless of who ends up being coach, can we all collectively agree to rally behind them and give them the support they need/deserve? I think this coaching search has shown me more than ever that there’s not some simply math formula you plug in and it spits out a future hall of fame coach for you.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Probably doesn’t know much but man I sure hope he does!

DABE509C-E71B-4873-A8B8-69B004EF5D69.jpeg

Right on cue with chatter on another board picking up today about him being high on the wishlist.  

Grain of salt.  Nobody knows anything.  The only chatter going on is IU fans talking amongst themselves.

Archived