Potential replacement coaches

18 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I'd be OK with Oats taking the IU job. Bama doesn't deserve to have a good basketball program.

100%.  If I had a "list" when this began, he'd have been up near the very top.

BUT

That buyout is insane.  To me, when you sign a contract like that you're selling your soul by effectively eliminating any future opportunities (during the contract period).  I don't know if, or why, we'd pay that much money but it's not my dough and I'd be tickled if it came to pass.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

100%.  If I had a "list" when this began, he'd have been up near the very top.

BUT

That buyout is insane.  To me, when you sign a contract like that you're selling your soul by effectively eliminating any future opportunities (during the contract period).  I don't know if, or why, we'd pay that much money but it's not my dough and I'd be tickled if it came to pass.

I was looking at the details earlier, the buyout drops real quick the next few years.  May have been a tactical error by Oats not thinking any big fish would be out there this year.  Maybe who knows

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the "A" list only has 2 names on it and if #2 says no then keep going after 1, the hope is to not have to go any further. This could all be crap but seems consistent with what i have heard. 

Can I assume Stevens is 1 and Beard is 2? Or, Beard is 1 and Oats is 2? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the "A" list only has 2 names on it and if #2 says no then keep going after 1, the hope is to not have to go any further. This could all be crap but seems consistent with what i have heard. 

So who do I have to root against this weekend so we can get a coach and I can get on with my life? :$

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

This could all be completely viable... However, what NBA team would buy or sell players during the trade deadline with out a committed head coach. I would be one pi$$ed player if I came to Boston, thinking Brads the coach,.....only to find out he had plans to leave. 

The point is they would be selling for assets though, not players i would guess.  More draft picks for Boston!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

The point is they would be selling for assets though, not players i would guess.  More draft picks for Boston!

The Celtics aren't selling for assets, they're looking to add/maneuver pieces around Tatum and Brown. 

They're trying to get Aaron Gordon from the Magic. The rub is they'd like to do it for picks and young pieces but the Magic may push for Marcus Smart to be included. 

But the Celtics aren't looking to sell off key pieces. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1