Potential replacement coaches

16 minutes ago, IU247 said:

Hoping this happens.  Any of the names on this tweet could do it and will do it.  All of these names graduated from IU, hopefully that degree gets you a big time gig.  And, they all can coach.  Do they have the energy to shutoff people who write them off before they even inquire about the job? That is my only worry and it is a major concern.  That is my take and like some on here who say this and that, this fan and graduate of multiple degrees from IU wants this to happen.  And, many others do to. 

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Hoping this happens.  Any on this tweet could do it and will do it.  All of these names graduated from IU, hopefully that degree gets you a big time gig.  And, they all can coach.  Do they have the energy to shutoff people who write them off before they even inquire about thr gig? That is my only worry and it is a major concern.  That is my take and like some on here who say this and that, this fan and graduate of multiple degrees from IU wants this to happen.  And, many others do to. 

If it was anyone on that list, they would already be hired.

Edited by JugRox
  • Like 3

I really hope all these IU guys being mentioned are just a courtesy. I’m not excited about any of them and think we can and should do better. But if we are that far down the list already...like others have said the hire would be underwhelming and likely not excite the fan base except maybe some of the older crowd. 
Now having one of them on the bench would be a great move. Michael Lewis as an Asst would definitely be great for our program. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

that hurts man.  that hurts.  okay, i'll take $200,000?

Sorry. If it helps you're no longer the at the bottom of the list. I saw Treesh over on BTB saying he should get the job and @IU Scott said he should be the next coach. So I put you over them. You're moving up in the rankings!

A bonus would be we would have a real insider on the board!

Edited by go_iu_bb

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Hoping this happens.  Any on this tweet could do it and will do it.  All of these names graduated from IU, hopefully that degree gets you a big time gig.  And, they all can coach.  Do they have the energy to shutoff people who write them off before they even inquire about thr gig? That is my only worry and it is a major concern.  That is my take and like some on here who say this and that, this fan and graduate of multiple degrees from IU wants this to happen.  And, many others do to. 

If one of these, I’m not sure why but Lewis really catches my attention.  But man, that Woodson is one charismatic SOB.  That would be interesting too.  

regardless, I believe guyton needs an asst role on whatever staff, that dude connects all of us.  Even when Stevens accepts. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

If true, might explain some of the transfers.  Can't imagine a player thinking Stevens and ending up with someone who has little or no head coaching experience.  

Why wait to announce? Why would the players know and not announce it?

2 minutes ago, Threedom said:

If one of these, I’m not sure why but Lewis really catches my attention.  But man, that Woodson is one charismatic SOB.  That would be interesting too.  

regardless, I believe guyton needs an asst role on whatever staff, that dude connects all of us.  Even when Stevens accepts. 

Woodson would be awesome and he will come in with respect and with his personality and ability to get the most out of players and fans he will also earn respect.  NY loves him (Im sure some don't) and any job there is the toughest in the world, in my opinion.

Lewis, he has put in the time and many credit UCLA's offense, for what it is worth, to him. 

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If true, might explain some of the transfers.  Can't imagine a player thinking Stevens and ending up with someone who has little or no head coaching experience.  

I think it it just part of the process.  Wasn't everyone assuming Race going to transfer before Archie left?  It doesn't hurt to put your name in the system, and why prepare yourself?

2 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Woodson would be awesome and he will come in with respect and with his personality and ability to get the most out of players and fans he will also earn respect.  NY loves him (Im sure some don't) and any job there is the toughest in the world, in my opinion.

Lewis, he has put in the time and many credit UCLA's offense, for what it is worth, to him. 

There isn’t a recruit in the nation that knows who Woodson is. Please people, get serious.

if recruiting involved 55 and over, he is your guy.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Good point.  I still think we are waiting for someone to lose.  Enough time has gone by that I doubt it is beard though.  

Negotiations can take time. And if it was someone like Beard, it is not like Dolson called him on Monday and he has the job on Tuesday.

I think the fact we have heard nothing just means that Dolson is doing a real interview process and had not already made up his mind like in 2017.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JugRox said:

There isn’t a recruit in the nation that knows who Woodson is. Please people, get serious.

if recruiting involved 55 and over, he is your guy.....

Got to disagree - I asked many of my players in the Chicagoland and they did.  Of course, a few didn't.  

When I was a kid, I use to tell my mom that everyone had Jordan's so I needed the latest.  She use to say with sarcasm...everyone?

That's a big time assumption and I would think if teenagers in a Chicago suburb know who he is, then there you go.

Oh, some didn't know Stevens.  And, most don't follow Arkansas, let alone their coach - and, many have ties to Justin Smith.

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

So if/when we hire a former player, are we going to eat our own and hurt recruiting,  or actually stfu and get behind a guy?  I'm 99% sure of the answer

I gave Miller 4 years to prove himself. I intend to give the incoming coach the benefit of the doubt for a few years, as well. Even if I'm not thrilled with the hire initially.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

I really hope all these IU guys being mentioned are just a courtesy. I’m not excited about any of them and think we can and should do better. But if we are that far down the list already...like others have said the hire would be underwhelming and likely not excite the fan base except maybe some of the older crowd. 
Now having one of them on the bench would be a great move. Michael Lewis as an Asst would definitely be great for our program. 

Again you are talking about your list and not the list Dolson is going by

• Thanks 1