Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Brad has a single vowel. 

Chris has a single vowel. 

Tony arguably has a single vowel. 

Billy arguably has a single vowel. 

Hope your friend is on to something. 

Not me.  I don't see that Brad Paisley, Chris Christie, Tony Danza or Billy Bob Thornton bring anything to the table.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Again you are talking about your list and not the list Dolson is going by

Since I’m not involved in the search I would have no idea what list Dolson is going by. Pretty sure this post was self explanatory as my personal opinion to the list that Bozich posted on Twitter which was also posted and reposted here and was being talked about prior to my post. You get behind whoever you want but for me personally I do not want to hire an IU guy. I’m underwhelmed by all of those listed candidates and think if we are that far down the list of desired candidates we must have gotten a lot of No’s by now. Again I’ll preface this by saying it’s MY OPINION. I’m not in the know on any information 🙄

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think every single poster here or in the fan base would love it if we had an ex-player with the right skins on the wall to be hired.  The problem is none of them check out.  It simply isn’t rational to hire one of the ex IU players.  

The notion that we’ve had some hires from “outside the family” who did not meet expectations and thus “that means we should now go with an ex player” couldn’t be any more faultier reasoning.  That’s not a one plus one equals two situation. 

I respect the ex players and all they did as players.  But with all due respect they don’t own the rights to the job.  It’s not their place to assign somebody that spot.  It’s not how it works.  If anything they might be narrow minded with a preconceived bias.  It’s nothing personal against any of them, but there’s a limit to the value of their input.  

We need the best hire, period.  And if you think of it that way, we shouldn’t hire an ex IU player.   None of us is getting any younger.  None of us.  I am way past the point of throwing away 4-5 years on some ill conceived experiment.  If you want somebody connected with our past, the closest would be Beard as sort of a cousin since he came off the Knight tree.  And in that case, he’s actually qualified.  I like him but I like Muss too as well as Oats.  

💯 great post...my thoughts exactly!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I have to admit, I am getting a little burnt out on this tread. No one really knows anything just guessing or hoping who it will be. 
My opinion is that if it was someone who’s season was over,they would have made an announcement. Since not a peep has been leaked out, I’m saying it’s someone still coaching in the Tournament. Just my two cents. 

Only been a week. and no one knows anything. Hold on its almost over.

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Not again... 🤦🏻‍♂️

723ABF91-39B7-4C24-84D7-CB78D8AF4652.jpeg

Who said it ever stopped or started. Think about it, Archie was fired, 2 hours later Stevens was getting blasted with question. When did he really ever have time to think about the job or speak to Dolson. He didn't. Just saying.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I am NOT going to bite this time but I also have to admit that seems to have no rational explanation.

↪️ You've already turned around...lol. Vegas KNOWS everything baby!!! They aren't setting Boston lines without knowing if Stevens has one foot out the door or not. 🍺I Miss the old stir the pot emoji.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Who said it ever stopped or started. Think about it, Archie was fired, 2 hours later Stevens was getting blasted with question. When did he really ever have time to think about the job or speak to Dolson. He didn't. Just saying.

Kev, you’re not wrong. I kind of feel like it’s gotta happen... too good to be true? Perhaps, but man, lots and lots of smoke. He’s the absolute perfect fit from an IU perspective. Most definitely the home run of home runs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Heck yea!

I was just explaining to my wife how poor of a decision Brad has made and our voices started raising (we were half kidding) the dog woke up and got concerned then she’s yelling

“MAYBE THEY LIKE IT IN BOSTON!!”

“BOSTON SUCKS and their fans hate him!”

“What you call Boston fans are probably IU fans being crazy and posing as Boston fans! Look at yourself!”

“COME ON HONEY! He’s making a mistake! It’s SO obvious.”

“If it’s HIS CHOICE he can make a mistake and it’s not your business!”

“Yes it is MY business I’m an IU fan!”

“Oh Good GOD go back to your geek message board.”

“Ok. :)”

(Dog lays back down)

Ok I'm going to be the one...is your wife a Celtics fan a fan of Boston or just absolutely doesn't understand anything dealing with our crazy obsession of IU basketball and just trying to bring logic into a conversation where it is neither wanted or warranted? Haha.

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't know what to make of you you come on here begging for Steve Alforde to be the next coach. Only someone who wants the demise of the program would do such a thing.  That or a Purdue troll.  

Would you love for Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, or Jay Wright to get the IU coaching job and to win 2 or 3 titles over the next 8 years?  

Oh Hell to the yes! 

• Thanks 1

The coaching saga. Does anyone really think for a moment that some donor is going to pony up ten million dollars just to hire an IU guy... come on peeps! That being said I don't like Mussleman or Oates. 

On another note can anyone remember a year that saw IU shoot so many fricking air balls? I mean we had the worse case of ABC ever. Air Ball City. Not even when we got the death penalty and had baseball players and hyper standouts playing did we shoot as many air balls. I mean we even missed the fricking backboard and rim from the wing a few times. How does that happen? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Seems like an odd, shortsighted take. Clearly we hope guys like Franklin, Thompson, Stewart and TJD stay for the new coach, but how does he not understand that $10M wasn't given for next season, it was given for the next 10+ seasons. 

You don't change coaches in college sports because its going to immediately make you better. This isn't pro sports. You make the change for the next decade of seasons. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Seems like an odd, shortsighted take. Clearly we hope guys like Franklin, Thompson, Stewart and TJD stay for the new coach, but how does he not understand that $10M wasn't given for next season, it was given for the next 10+ seasons. 

You don't change coaches in college sports because its going to immediately make you better. This isn't pro sports. You make the change for the next decade of seasons. 

Parrish has been around Palm too long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Ok I'm going to be the one...is your wife a Celtics fan a fan of Boston or just absolutely doesn't understand anything dealing with our crazy obsession of IU basketball and just trying to bring logic into a conversation where it is neither wanted or warranted? Haha.

She’s a Bucks fan! We live in WI 😂 

But she’s so tired of the emotional rollercoaster that is “Brad Stevens.” 😂 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

STUUUUUUPID article

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I'm not holding out hope but I will say the Stevens saga felt odd and after the weird masshole pressor it's been awfully quiet. 

I’ll throw out...that IF he had a plan figured out for him ans IU or one that included Boston, IU and him, but the timing was “we gotta hold the chatter down” because it’s gonna be weeks, or end of season, or after trade deadline or whatever, you might do exactly what he did.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Parrish has been around Palm too long.

I don't even read the national guys anymore.  They don't know what they are talking about.  Just from the title (I am not giving him the clicks) that is a click-baity article that is intended to get a bunch of indignant Indiana fans to see what he is saying.  "Oh boy Hoosiers, careful what you wish for when you fire a coach, then half your team leaves...."  You notice those articles are always written about Indiana?  Always.  The one time I can remember where there was consensus from these knobs was when we hired Miller...."great hire."  And even that was after criticizing the crap out of Indiana for firing Crean.  We are the only program in the NCAA that takes sh*t for personnel decisions.

We have to ask why that is...because these are not journalists, they are content creators.  Writing those articles gets them linked on sites like this or on other IU blogs and then indignant Indiana fans rush to see what this know nothing content creator (refuse to call them journalists) said about us.  Click. Click. Click.  Then they and their platform laugh to the bank from the advertising money they make over trashing Indiana.

Stop making them money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’ll throw out...that IF he had a plan figured out for him ans IU or one that included Boston, IU and him, but the timing was “we gotta hold the chatter down” because it’s gonna be weeks, or end of season, or after trade deadline or whatever, you might do exactly what he did.

👌🏻Spot on

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

totally agree.  really strange article until you see who is hired.

• Like 1