Potential replacement coaches

8 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Speculation that another major coaching job to open up.  One is Texas letting go Shaka.  This is certainly a possibility, and others have mentioned it on the board.  The other is Oklahoma with Lon Kruger retiring.

Maybe Oklahoma is that "Midwest" job that Turgeon would have interest in (for someone bad at geography).

44 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What do you think is triggering it?  Any sense of the dynamics at play?

By the way, how are you feeling after Archie’s dismissal? I always greatly appreciated your input from the Dayton angle.  You had very good insights.  

I felt bad for Archie near the end, particularly some of the pressers with yet another loss after another.  He’s not dumb, he knows that can’t happen here.  Anyway, he’s a young guy and I think he will do well going forward.  But he should take some time and process some of the mistakes and shortcomings.  He can be much better if he learns and adjusts.  This is where Crean was hopeless.  Just my opinion.  

Anyway, I’m glad you’re sticking with IU and the board.  

Thanks Bob.  My hangout for the last 15 years has been Milanos on Brown Street in Dayton adjacent to the UD campus.  I was dead wrong on Archie at Indiana.   He was out of his element and I didn't realize it until this year when he began to whiff on recruits.   Then he totally lost the team the last 3 games and after the Rutgers game and taking non stop flak at Milanos, I said he had to go.  However, I believe he will be very successful at a smaller school.  He did more with less at UD than any coach I've seen anywhere.  

As far as the odds go, like badger vol said, Vegas has no inside info.  They merely react to what's being bet.  There are people out there betting Stevens has a better than 1 in 3 chance of being the next coach.  I just figure someone knows a little more than the rest of us.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Thanks Bob.  My hangout for the last 15 years has been Milanos on Brown Street in Dayton adjacent to the UD campus.  I was dead wrong on Archie at Indiana.   He was out of his element and I didn't realize it until this year when he began to whiff on recruits.   Then he totally lost the team the last 3 games and after the Rutgers game and taking non stop flak at Milanos, I said he had to go.  However, I believe he will be very successful at a smaller school.  He did more with less at UD than any coach I've seen anywhere.  

As far as the odds go, like badger vol said, Vegas has no inside info.  They merely react to what's being bet.  There are people out there betting Stevens has a better than 1 in 3 chance of being the next coach.  I just figure someone knows a little more than the rest of us.

Milanos on Brown!!! I grew up in Dayton and went to Fairmont high school....had lots of fun nights in the ghetto!

• Haha 1

The FOULS line odds on the next IU coach

Alford - 15:1

Altman - 15:1

Beilein - 15:1

Beard - 15:1

Bennett - 15:1

Donovan - 15:1

Fife - 15:1

Lewis - 15:1

Matta - 15:1

Musselman - 15:1

Oats - 15:1

Smart - 15:1

Stevens - 15:1

Woodson - 15:1

The Field - 15:1

Dakich - The Buzz Lightyear (To Infinity & Beyond)

• Haha 6

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have listened to 3 different IU writers in the last two days and they said that 95% of what you are hearing is not even close to being true.  They all said that besides Dolson there might be two other people who know what is going n and none of them are saying a word.

Well...that is NO fricken fun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have listened to 3 different IU writers in the last two days and they said that 95% of what you are hearing is not even close to being true.  They all said that besides Dolson there might be two other people who know what is going n and none of them are saying a word.

Since the writers say 95% is not true, but they don't know what is going on either, doesn't that mean that it's possible 95% is true?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've shared this, but I used to monitor blogs and forums at the Celtics, and 99% of the stuff passed off as "insider" or accurate information would literally have us laughing out loud at our desks. 

That's not meant as a shot at the people that share information here, I like that they post here, it's just the reality that most of this stuff is 2nd/3rd hand at best and not really accurate. 

I kinda figure as much. People sharing here know people working at the university and those people want to sound like they are in the loop mentioning certain peoples names....unless someone is friends with Dolson or the donor that paid the buyout I kinda doubt we are getting good info. In the end it will happen and we will all go into crazy mode either hating or loving the guy and will spend the next 8 months arguing back and forth until we see what they do on the floor. Hopefully that coach is able to be pretty successful early on to unite a very fractured fanbase at this point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I've shared this, but I used to monitor blogs and forums at the Celtics, and 99% of the stuff passed off as "insider" or accurate information would literally have us laughing out loud at our desks. 

That's not meant as a shot at the people that share information here, I like that they post here, it's just the reality that most of this stuff is 2nd/3rd hand at best and not really accurate. 

The whole world changed when Reddit had the Cubs/White Sox trade before it was announced a few years ago....haha. I know it didn't but will always think Theo's comments about Reddit were funny.

Good friend of mine's brother had an internship at another Big 10 school. His internship consisted of reading their message boards to find leaks. What was even better is sometimes the coaches would leak stuff intentionally to find who had loose lips. Similar to the scene in Thrones....tell 3 people a story and whichever one lie makes it to the public....you know the leak.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I assume people in the IU AD office is monitoring social media and maybe they throw things out to see the reaction of the fans.