Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? It's been 10 days. 

Think of this like hiring someone for the C Suite of a public company, sometimes a move is made then a subsequent move announced immediately, but other times the search takes time because it is a hire you have to get right. Maybe Dolson and Beilein have come to an agreement, but Dolson wants to do due diligence? Maybe the same with Thad? Maybe an NBA guy has said they'll come but wants to wait?

There are so many possibilities and the reality is we just don't have much info right now. 

Due diligence was done before Miller was fired. And it doesn’t take 10 days to do that anyway.

Nobody is gonna “wait” to be named coach and get their staff together when literally half the team is in the transfer portal. 

At the bare minimum, the new coach would contact the players behind closed doors.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Don't forget guys. We maybe hiring a coach still coaching or was coaching. The portal works both ways. We could get a whole team of new players from the portal with the new coach. Stay positive we will get a good coach. 

Good post!! You are exactly right, the portal works both ways!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Good post!! You are exactly right, the portal works both ways!!!

Which I think, given this unique year, is why Dolson jumped the gun probably by a year.  The offense became so unattractive nationally.   Any new coach can rebuild by August.    Yeah the $10mm could’ve been to make a run at Stevens ... but it was to make a change regardless- since any new coach can literally build a brand new team. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

They may be in the portal, but they are still students at IU. Its a wise decision to explore your options if the University is moving in a new direction; it doesn't mean they are (all) gone. I'm not panicked (yet). Come mid April and no coach...

Don’t blame them one bit, I blame the NCAA.  It’s like they are trying their best to ruin college basketball in its purest form

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Don’t blame them one bit, I blame the NCAA.  It’s like they are trying their best to ruin college basketball in its purest form

This is terrible for the college game.  It was mistake to make the on court stuff like the NBA and now they want free agency as well.  why not just let the schools make trades as well.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

We need something juicy...if there isn’t anything someone make something believable up

During the Brad-steria, I got a link to the Peegs Discord chat and posted that I had a friend who was best friends with Tacko Fall, and Tacko Fall told my friend that he was 99% sure Brad was coming to IU.

• Like 2

I don’t think the problem is kids not knowing what IU basketball is about. We’ve gotten, what, the last 3 Mr. BBs in the state, and sprinkled in some other Indiana kids as well. There’s talent in and on this team, it’s a good number of in state kids, they just lack any sort of confidence or ability to handle adversity as a whole. 

IMO, the problem isn’t recruiting the wrong kids or kids not knowing what the program is about. It’s coaching them up. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

I don’t think the problem is kids not knowing what IU basketball is about. We’ve gotten, what, the last 3 Mr. BBs in the state, and sprinkled in some other Indiana kids as well. There’s talent in and on this team, it’s a good number of in state kids, they just lack any sort of confidence or ability to handle adversity as a whole. 

IMO, the problem isn’t recruiting the wrong kids or kids not knowing what the program is about. It’s coaching them up. 

I agree in so far that, our lack of talent does not come close to explaining our performance. If one wants to argue we aren’t talented enough to compete in the top 3-5 in our conference I’ll listen. If someone is going to say our roster is full of chumps then that’s much more so on development.

• Like 1