Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wouldn't that actually be alienating people from Boston and Celtics fans? It would be like the ultimate troll job to come out and say those things and then actually bolt for IU a week later. 

Disclaimer, its not happening. Just saying if it did, it would be more a shot at Boston. 

True. The Ol' Misdirection Trick! Gets 'em every time.

Not that it's worth anything, but I'm hearing Stevens now too from some colleagues well connected to the Butler pipeline. Have also heard it from some other guys through general talk in the sports performance/psychology network. But then again, these were the same things I was hearing from the same people the first time before BS said no. I was loathe to bring it to the board just because we have been down that road before, but......here we are again! 

The only real concrete info I have is that I've spoken to a couple of ADs and they both feel the Stevens to IU scenario makes so much sense that it's hard to envision him not coming back to Indiana. Then again, they've been pretty consistent with those thoughts for awhile now although neither know Stevens personally.

Here's hoping.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wouldn't that actually be alienating people from Boston and Celtics fans? It would be like the ultimate troll job to come out and say those things and then actually bolt for IU a week later. 

Disclaimer, its not happening. Just saying if it did, it would be more a shot at Boston. 

I don't know. Do the Dolphins fan base really care about what Saban did?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I never saw Noon over there. Probably missed that part though.

There was talk that someone on a Peegs chat has been saying 3/27 for a while and recently added noon. 
I’d be shocked if anything happens on the IU side with the women’s game. 

I’ll be watching them. They play at 6:00 on espn2. 

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Yeags is a former soccer player that is a on the coaching staff at IU soccer now. He played for Jerry Yeagley.  Not saying what he says is gospel but he is inside the athletic department.  

And someone on the staff of the soccer team is breaking some of the biggest news in Bloomington? Do we really think Dolson, who's run the most tight lipped search we've seen, would allow that to come out?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yeags is a former soccer player that is a on the coaching staff at IU soccer now. He played for Jerry Yeagley.  Not saying what he says is gospel but he is inside the athletic department.  

Whoa whoa, Yeags is part of the Yeagley Family? I’ve always thought Yeags was just a massive soccer fan and used their last name

Just now, WanamakerIUFan said:

I don't know. Do the Dolphins fan base really care about what Saban did?

Different situations. Stevens has been there 9 years and had a ton of success. 

I also didn't mean they would care, just meant calling yourself a "masshole", the equivalent of saying 'I'm one of you', and then bolting a week later is a pretty trollish way to leave. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Stevens isn't coming to IU.

And if wanted to, he won't be well-received, as he's 'alienated' too many people by calling himself a Masshole.

While I agree he isn't coming, I would definitely welcome him with open arms if he did.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

And think about this. Saban said No emphatically to Bama 3/4 times before excepting.  Again I don’t buy it either but it’s not unheard of for a coach to change their mind.  After seeing the pathetic moves the Celtics made I would change my mind!

They added a guy that averages 20ppg?

• Like 1

He should just ask Ainge and Dolson if he can do both. With zoom meetings all the rage and tons of assistant coaches at his disposal, it really seems like a no-brainer.

In fact, I'll go on record and call Coach Stevens a moron for not thinking of this option earlier. 

Think about it: DOUBLE SALARY!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Isn’t that what Massholes do... if he is one he will stick to them. Lol

• Like 1