Potential replacement coaches

11 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Anyone else starting to think that Scott Drew might be the guy that Dolson is waiting on? Goodman said that he’s hearing there’s some legit interest there, according to his “sources.” I personally think that Goodman is a quack, but who knows... he might actually be right. 

I obviously want BS, because I think that he’s the only one who could please the masses of IU alum/fans. I just don’t know if it’s realistic at this point. 

It’s just such a weird time right now. Lots and lots of damn smoke, but no definitive signals. I find it hard to believe that a donor(s) would cough up that money without a legit, proven replacement on board. I’ll give Dolson a ton of credit, because I don’t believe that anyone in the media truly has any leads, or ideas as to who it might be.  

i would be very happy about that, but sounds like the Perea thing may have created a situation that IN HS coaches can't get over.  

7 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

I'm curious what everyone thinks about two things...

1. Where is the line drawn that "if we get any one of these coaches, we'll be fine" and most of the guys that are in the transfer portal will come back, vs "any one of those coaches, we'll probably be starting over and lose the transfers"?

2. Stevens is my first choice out of all the options that have been discussed. But, let's say we get him and he just doesn't get the job done, similar results as Miller. How bad would that be for the program if in 4-5 years we're again wondering if we need to find another new coach? Personally, I think it could be devastating, and that's what I really hope doesn't happen.

Blasphemy. PURE blasphemy.

Even thr thought of Stevens “not working out?” Jesus says “hold your sinful thoughts captive” my friend.

Disclaimer: I’m allowed to do all the religious humor I want because I’m a youth minister. So God laughs when I do it. 😈

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i would be very happy about that, but sounds like the Perea thing may have created a situation that IN HS coaches can't get over.  

Its AAU programs like INdiana Elite is where the issue would be not High schools. Could be the reason Dolson was reaching out to AAU programs over the weekend. Scott Drew is his guy and he wants to make sure its not an issue getting kids from them going forward.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

2. Stevens is my first choice out of all the options that have been discussed. But, let's say we get him and he just doesn't get the job done, similar results as Miller. How bad would that be for the program if in 4-5 years we're again wondering if we need to find another new coach? Personally, I think it could be devastating, and that's what I really hope doesn't happen.

I mean, devastating as in worse than not scoring for the last 9 minutes of a game, in a must win game? Missing the tournament for at least 3 of the last 4 years? Giving up a home NIT game because you're concerned about how the fans will react to your lame duck coach? Having to completely gut the program because you trusted a coach with a checkered past? This program is currently a very average one nation-wide, has been for a couple of decades, and that's probably being a little bit generous.

I guess what I'm saying is, it can get worse? At least if Stevens doesn't work out, you know that you've hired the absolute best person to turn everything around, someone that checks ALL of the boxes. Besides, by that point, we would have already won a national championship in football and are officially a football school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t, but I’m saying he’s connected and if a leak came about it would be from the athletic department.  It’s basically a day away so we will see.  They’ll probably announce Woodson then I will drink myself to death

hey!  we should get together if that happens!

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Chris007 is now saying it was Shoulders who started blabbing his mouth to everyone in the world about Brad coming.  That's why he was forced to do that second press conference.  

Who is Shoulders? Booster? And somehow that means it still be IU I’d be possible?

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-isnt-a-cinderella-anymore-under-porter-moser-who-should-favor-marquette-over-indiana-if-he-leaves/

Some thoughts about Moser, but more interesting to me, comments on the national perception of the IU job.

Unfortunately I feel the media likes to beat up on IU cause it is easy and they honestly have been doing it for a long time. So now they are invested in hopes that IU doesn't ever rise again cause if it does then they would have to eat some humble pie. They aren't really into doing that these days. Maybe just my Homer skewed view but still...

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Chris007 is now saying it was Shoulders who started blabbing his mouth to everyone in the world about Brad coming.  That's why he was forced to do that second press conference.  

I say this in the most endearing way possible because i genuinely like their posters and appreciate them hosting me while HSN was down, but it’s like a QANON board over there. They can connect the dots with Brad to the JFK assassination if pressed. It’s a little too much for me to take. All that said, I do hope they’re right....but fool me once.....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Unfortunately I feel the media likes to beat up on IU cause it is easy and they honestly have been doing it for a long time. So now they are invested in hopes that IU doesn't ever rise again cause if it does then they would have to eat some humble pie. They aren't really into doing that these days. Maybe just my Homer skewed view but still...

Moser is good. No doubt.  But he’s no guarantee. Right now - IU needs as close to a sure fire guarantee as possible.  We just witnessed how small conference success doesn’t always translate.   I understand tourney success, but Moser just seems to risky given the fragile state of IU b-ball today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I must be an idiot because I have no idea who that is LOLI must be an idiot because I have no idea who that is LOL

You're not an idiot for not knowing who that is. Only way to be an idiot is to repeat yourself. :coffee:

Edited by IUaic
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, madmax said:

Yes. As far as I’m concerned, a winning coach is worth up to the highest amount the boosters are willing to pay. $50 million of someone else’s money if it means we win? Count me in.

What is the ROI for National Title for a school like IU?  Anyone know how much money is made by a school from boosters, alumni, recruiting, sales, admissions, etc...  

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-isnt-a-cinderella-anymore-under-porter-moser-who-should-favor-marquette-over-indiana-if-he-leaves/

Some thoughts about Moser, but more interesting to me, comments on the national perception of the IU job.

I agree that Marquette is a better job for Moser. 

That said, I don’t understand why some national guys think IU firing CAM is unreasonable. He finished in the bottom half of the league all 4 years and never played a game in the tournament. His on the court product looked horrible and never showed improvement in the areas we struggled in from day 1. Marquette would fire Archie too if they were in a similar situation and had a donor willing to front the cash for a buyout. How long is a program supposed to wait until they fire a coach with subpar results? 5 years? 7 years?  10 years? 

• Like 2