Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Nba thugs comments. That sits even worse today then when it happened. Going to make recruiting even more difficult which wasn’t his strong suit to begin with. Combine that with the states history with the KKK and well not a good look for IU.

Yeah Beilein is not hire able. 

Ugh, the Texas opening is going to screw alot of things up.  At the moment, we were the premier opening for a coach, and we have big pockets.  But Texas is probably a more desirable landing spot than IU at the moment and they also have very deep pockets also.

Are there any other premier schools that have a coach who might be fired very soon?

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Ugh, the Texas opening is going to screw alot of things up.  At the moment, we were the premier opening for a coach, and we have big pockets.  But Texas is probably a more desirable landing spot than IU at the moment and they also have very deep pockets also.

Are there any other premier schools that have a coach who might be fired very soon?

Only way Texas is more desirable is if you are from Texas.  Texas is a great state, but mainly for football.  Nobody cares about Texas basketball they are just concerned with the following season of Longhorn football.  Basketball will always be second fiddle there.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The Texas opening won’t impact IU at all.

Beard is a Texas guy (and alum), was never coming to IU and will most likely be the next coach at Texas.

Edited by IU878176
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I wonder why Dana Altman hasn’t gotten more traction? Is it his age? Oregon plays a pretty efficient game offensively and guy has been as successful as any of the other coaches in our search.

Probably the incident around hos players rape allegations a few  years ago

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Perhaps...but, money being equal, Texas and Indiana are both completely different flavors, in so many ways.

I'm a Cincinnati Bengals fan and for years there has always been a contingency of our fans who decry the small market quality and draw of a place like Cincy. "Why would a free agent choose Cincinnati over New York, Los Angeles, or Miami?" I always pushed back saying I've lived in New York City, greater Miami, and Dayton...now Orlando. My favorite place will always be southwest Ohio. And, I love New York and have come to really enjoy the part of Orlando we're in. But, there's not one right, desirable place that's better than others for all people. 

Especially if it's Stevens. 😜

6 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Only way Texas is more desirable is if you are from Texas.  Texas is a great state, but mainly for football.  Nobody cares about Texas basketball they are just concerned with the following season of Longhorn football.  Basketball will always be second fiddle there.

Remember Texas has no income tax and it has been reasons why free agents go to teams in Texas

17 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m falling all over again... mutual friend with Dakich swears it’s Stevens. He said it’s been a done deal. 

I’m just ready for it to happen already. No way on earth this drags out to June or later... this is absurd. 

Tell you what. The more it drags out the more confident it is him....but I'm not falling for that one again. Hope it happens though!

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Labron also went to Florida first which does not have income tax

Call me crazy but I think Wade and Bosh, and trying to win a championship, had more to do with LeBrons move to Florida than the states tax policy. If the tax rate meant so much to LeBron why in the world would he then go to California?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nba thugs comments. That sits even worse today then when it happened. Going to make recruiting even more difficult which wasn’t his strong suit to begin with. Combine that with the states history with the KKK and well not a good look for IU.

If Indiana's klan history was a problem, UK would never get any players.  I get the NBA thug comment being a problem, but no...I don't see old klan activity as a deterrent.  If it was, no team south of the Mason-Dixon line would be able to recruit players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Call me crazy but I think Wade and Bosh, and trying to win a championship, had more to do with LeBrons move to Florida than the states tax policy. If the tax rate meant so much to LeBron why in the world would he then go to California?

I was gonna say the same thing, when you're talking Lebron-type money, *state* income tax doesn't have to be a significant concern.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If Indiana's klan history was a problem, UK would never get any players.  I get the NBA thug comment being a problem, but no...I don't see old klan activity as a deterrent.  If it was, no team south of the Mason-Dixon line would be able to recruit players.

Agree as Alabama football seems to have survived.