Potential replacement coaches

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I could also go the opposite and say the IU job is only big inside of Indiana and not so much outside of Indiana.

Lots of national media think IU is a great job. Gotleib was adamant that it was one of the best jobs in all of college basketball. If you do a good job you will have all the tools you need to win a national championship. It isn’t about being able to make a run at school A or B...at IU you will be in position to make multiple deep runs And the likelihood of winning it all will go up.

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That would be an erroneous statement 

To some degree i think its true.  We're still a destination job if open, but for what level of coach is where it become more gray i think.  When more details come out after we hire someone, well know how desired the opening was to the masses, at least in what little leaks out over the next few months.

31 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If Indiana's klan history was a problem, UK would never get any players.  I get the NBA thug comment being a problem, but no...I don't see old klan activity as a deterrent.  If it was, no team south of the Mason-Dixon line would be able to recruit players.

I get it. I didn’t realize how people outside the state perceived us until I moved away. Lived in the south and even they think of Indiana worse then their own history as crazy as it sounds. But anyways this to me is more about Beilein having baggage...not IU.

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So Goodman is saying we contacted Holtmann?  What in the holy hell is Scott Dolson doing?

I wouldn't put much faith into what someone that has an agenda against IU says. He is just throwing names out there now so he can say, look another coach has turned down IU. Next he will probably say Dolson contacted Coach K or maybe Brad Underwood.

7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Why is this inept even if true?  He is a coach many IU fans wanted the last time around.  No harm in reaching out to gauge interest is there?

Agreed. Not sure why everyone is freaking out. I'd be fine with Holtmann

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I get it. I didn’t realize how people outside the state perceived us until I moved away. Lived in the south and even they think of Indiana worse then their own history as crazy as it sounds. But anyways this to me is more about Beilein having baggage...not IU.

I've lived in quite a few other states and the only thing I get from most is they think Indiana is probably boring and just one big farm. Nothing really overly negative though.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

We'll see.  There's a guy on Peegs who's been saying before Archie was even fired that Stevens is the guy and it will be announced on March 27.  50 years to the day of RMKs hiring. 

If nothing happens tomorrow start getting worried.  Yeah maybe Dolson has been after Drew or Musselman all along and that's fine as long as he gets them.  But it's also possible that he doesn't know what he's doing.

I just don't see Musselman being able to turn us down, assuming we make the appropriate contract offer.  Because of that, I'm still confident we will be okay.  If Musselman wasn't out there, I would be concerned.

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I’m falling all over again... mutual friend with Dakich swears it’s Stevens. He said it’s been a done deal. 

I’m just ready for it to happen already. No way on earth this drags out to June or later... this is absurd. 

You and Dakich have a mutual friend?  :panic:

Can you get word to Dakich that he's a Masshole whether he lives in New England or not.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Ugh, the Texas opening is going to screw alot of things up.  At the moment, we were the premier opening for a coach, and we have big pockets.  But Texas is probably a more desirable landing spot than IU at the moment and they also have very deep pockets also.

Are there any other premier schools that have a coach who might be fired very soon?

The Texas job impacts Beard and no one else on our wish list.  At this point, you might as well say we are competing against Texas Tech.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I could also go the opposite and say the IU job is only big inside of Indiana and not so much outside of Indiana.

Every coach in America understands that, if IU ever hires the right coach, a sleeping giant will be aroused and we will be perennial Top 10 contenders.  

• Like 1