Potential replacement coaches

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you are in a position where Stevens says "I'll give you an answer at the end of the NBA season,, you hire Beilein as an emergency stopgap.  If Stevens says no, you roll with Beielin.  If Stevens says yes, well you think of something to satisfy Beilein.  

Why would Beilein accept being head coach as an emergency stopgap? You’d have to pay HIM an madness amount of $ to entice him.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you are in a position where Stevens says "I'll give you an answer at the end of the NBA season,, you hire Beilein as an emergency stopgap.  If Stevens says no, you roll with Beielin.  If Stevens says yes, well you think of something to satisfy Beilein.  

You would definitely have to do something like this to make it work.  Someone like Woodson wouldn’t have the pull of Beilein to be that stopgap for recruits IMO.

This just seems really absurd to me the more I think about it though.  But Brad would likely be worth it if that’s what they had to do.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Come on 5fouls....really? If Dolson did that it would be a complete sh$t show everywhere! If this is a possibility, he would put Hunter or someone still on staff as interim till the end of NBA season. I’m completely ok with that. 

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Come on 5fouls....really? If Dolson did that it would be a complete sh$t show everywhere! If this is a possibility, he would put Hunter or someone still on staff as interim till the end of NBA season. I’m completely ok with that. 

Does anyone know how the current players feel about Hunter? Is he someone they like and respect enough to stay and play for??

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Your solution is better than mine.  But, if Stevens says no, then do you run with Hunter for the whole 21-22 season?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fundamentals said:

Moser is 59-59 in conference at Loyola, I can see why people are excited.  Archie was under .500. 

Moser would be an epic fail.  

Agreed. This is one of the very few hires i would be completely upset with. did nothing with his previous two stints. and then 7 years to get to these type of results. You only get 4 years at IU if no one noticed.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

Why would Beilein accept being head coach as an emergency stopgap? You’d have to pay HIM an madness amount of $ to entice him.

Pay him until he wants to retire in like 5-7 years.  He has to understand his age isn’t ideal for a program right now ... but doesn’t mean he absolutely wouldn’t consider I don’t think. 

8 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Pay him until he wants to retire in like 5-7 years.  He has to understand his age isn’t ideal for a program right now ... but doesn’t mean he absolutely wouldn’t consider I don’t think. 

Is was responding to a post that I interpreted as Beilein being a 3 month stop gap. Maybe I misread.

39 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Let’s hire Moser so we can do this again in a few years.  16 points.  Makes Archie look like a savant. 

Also hoping this game ends the Moser talk, even if they manage to come back. The guy has by far the worst resume of any of the head coaches being talked about, and his KenPom numbers are terrible too.  IU cannot afford to hire another midmajor scrub.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Davis got 6 years and Crean got 9 years.....probably because both did better than Archie.

yes. I’m aware. Along with Dean, McCracken, and Knight. Point being.... results in 4 years.... or you don’t get a 5th. Go back and look at Mosers’ resume and let me know if he’d get a 5th at IU with those results. 

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

yes. I’m aware. Along with Dean, McCracken, and Knight. Point being.... results in 4 years.... or you don’t get a 5th. Go back and look at Mosers’ resume and let me know if he’d get a 5th at IU with those results. 

Hard to compare the IU vs Loyola patience level, or the potential to win, as Moser had his poor start at a school that had not made any tourney (NCAA, NIT or CBI) since 84-85.