Potential replacement coaches

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, Arkansas has won a Championship since Indiana.

And, Sampson's greatest sin was not the phone calls and texts.  It was the off the court issues with several players.  

So weed and not going to class was invented in 2007? Haha.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It wasn't about text or phone calls

You and 5 seem to be in the same click.

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

14 rebounds.  11 of them offensive.  Played 39 minutes.  The improvement in Justin's game is all I need to see to know I would like Musselman here.

If CAM would have played TJD at the 5 and Justin at the 4 we may not be having this discussion. He was played out of position last year, he is not a 3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

So weed and not going to class was invented in 2007? Haha.

You and 5 seem to be in the same click.

It was constant drug abuse where Sampson wouldn't do anything about it.  It was having players being pimps.  It was disregarding rules that you have already broken. It was being the president of the rules committee and still breaking the rules.  It was about kids not going to class with most of the players flunking out of school.  If this kind of thing is ok for you then that is all I need to k ow about you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sampson can coach. His team loves playing for him. We eliminated a F4 season because of texts and phone calls. 

PS....I said this in 2008. Here we are gang. Now IU is debating head coaches from Loyola and frickin Arkansas. 

Sampson never fit the Hoosier culture, the first whiff of scandal and he was run out of town. And he left the program in complete shambles, let's not forget that. I have nothing against Sampson because he is a good coach, but I think he is a much better fit at one of those Texas schools.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was constant drug abuse where Sampson wouldn't do anything about it.  It was having players being pimps.  It was disregarding rules that you have already broken. It was being the president of the rules committee and still breaking the rules.  It was about kids not going to class with most of the players flunking out of school.  If this kind of thing is ok for you then that is all I need to k ow about you.

Aside from those couple of things Sampson was a good fit

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well they say the number one thing about sports is “having fun.” 🤷🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I am a little concerned that the news is we reached to Holtman at OSU. Which tells me he doesn’t have anyone. Why would he leave OSU for Indiana. 
I think we’re I serious trouble!

From the sounds of it we never reached out to him. Probably shouldn't take any reports right now to seriously

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was it drug abuse or marijuana use? There is a massive difference in those two things. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

14 rebounds.  11 of them offensive.  Played 39 minutes.  The improvement in Justin's game is all I need to see to know I would like Musselman here.

I just watched the highlights of the game and saw several poor defensive plays by Justin...losing his man, not helping, etc.  No question, he had a double double offensively, but meh...he's a little improved, but like someone else said, it's more of a better fit than anything else.  Arkansas apparently has better shooters and that gives Justin more room to work.  Maybe I have an entirely different impression next game, but I saw the same inefficient Justin on offense and I'm not convinced his defense was as good as it was at IU.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I just watched the highlights of the game and saw several poor defensive plays by Justin...losing his man, not helping, etc.  No question, he had a double double offensively, but meh...he's a little improved, but like someone else said, it's more of a better fit than anything else.  Arkansas apparently has better shooters and that gives Justin more room to work.  Maybe I have an entirely different impression next game, but I saw the same inefficient Justin on offense and I'm not convinced his defense was as good as it was at IU.

That’s EXACTLY what i saw!

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This is exactly right. Two things are different: he has more freedom (both in terms of space and decision making), and he is more engaged more of the time. But, his skill set is not different.

Edit: I should say that this has led to a higher level of confidence for him. 

Edited by mchenry34