Potential replacement coaches

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No I have been a fan of IU for 50 years and I have expectations on how players represent my team

I’ve been a fan for 40. My dad took Knights basketball class the first year on campus. Was on a first name basis. 

The whole “I’ve been a fan” crap doesn’t mean you dictate anything.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

This is exactly right. Two things are different: he has more freedom (both in terms of space and decision making), and he is more engaged more of the time. But, his skill set is not different.

Edit: I should say that this has led to a higher level of confidence for him. 

Sounds like Justin made the right decision to transfer. Other IU players in the transfer portal this year might see the same thing.

Edited by Officer Obie

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Was it drug abuse or marijuana use? There is a massive difference in those two things. 

My problem was the 20 Fs 🤷‍♂️

Regardless of the pot or not... its illegal. I for sure agree there's a difference between pot and whatever else. But it's pretty simple at this point... if you want to play a D1 sport... don't smoke pot. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My problem was the 20 Fs 🤷‍♂️

Regardless of the pot or not... its illegal. I for sure agree there's a difference between pot and whatever else. But it's pretty simple at this point... if you want to play a D1 sport... don't smoke pot. 

You do know they can’t play if they don’t pass courses or fail a drug test, right?

The second semester of Sampson, they knew he wasn’t coming back so they partied. 

26 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Why in God's name is anyone on this board defending Sampson's time at IU?

You have to be kidding me.

Because some so called fans want IU to win at any cost and don't care how you win.  I love to win as much as anyone on here but winning is not the most important thing in college athletics.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the coach at Montana State.  Reading the recruiting boards, it seems like that guy is all over Indiana HS kids, and was at the top of the list for several.  Imagine what he could do closer to these kids home.   :coffee:

What the hell, put him on the board.  :snack:

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Jesus. You have 0 clue of what you're talking about. 

What do you think a 18 year old kid thinks about the IU basketball program? Inside and outside the state.

I bet you think it has something to do with Knight. It doesn’t. And hasn’t for a decade. 

Keep on looking down at coaches that aren’t good enough for IU. Because the next Archie Miller is right around the corner. Oh, I mean Porter Moser.... lol

1 hour ago, Officer Obie said:

HOLY S**T.... college kids smoked weed?!!?!?

My bad. Lock em up!! Fire Sampson!!! 

oh.... I delivered pizzas to some IU players (basketball and football) that were smoking weed in the 90s....but that doesn’t matter, right? Nah....no knight players ever smoked weed, right? 

lol

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Because some so called fans want IU to win at any cost and don't care how you win.  I love to win as much as anyone on here but winning is not the most important thing in college athletics.

Then why fire Davis? Crean? Miller?

Oh, the winning....right. 

Ok so I’m not for Moser or against Moser I’m just along for the ride honestly. With that being said people keep mentioning two tourneys in 17 years. It’s been said that he changed his philosophy 4 years ago and that’s what brought him success. So let me ask this question. If I’m fat for 13 years and I try things to lose weight but I’m still fat and then I change my habits and now for the last 4 years I lose all the weight and become skinny and I know if I keep this same philosophy are people going to say well you were only skinny for 4 years and fat for 13 so you’re still fat? No they are going to say what did you do you look great. So instead of Judging Moser for his career look at him since he made his change. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🙈🕺

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Ok so I’m not for Moser or against Moser I’m just along for the ride honestly. With that being said people keep mentioning two tourneys in 17 years. It’s been said that he changed his philosophy 4 years ago and that’s what brought him success. So let me ask this question. If I’m fat for 13 years and I try things to lose weight but I’m still fat and then I change my habits and now for the last 4 years I lose all the weight and become skinny and I know if I keep this same philosophy are people going to say well you were only skinny for 4 years and fat for 13 so you’re still fat? No they are going to say what did you do you look great. So instead of Judging Moser for his career look at him since he made his change. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🙈🕺

We just fire a winning mid major coach who's mid major philosophy didnt work in the Big Ten. On to the next.

Glad you lost all that weight.

Edited by Indykev

Well I spoke to a couple of players. They are being kept in the dark. They know nothing. One was pretty upset with whats going on and how things were handled. He said the media found out before Dolson told them that Archie was fired. Not going to say who they were and I'm just going to end it here before i say some bad stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1