Potential replacement coaches

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been in the Musselman camp for awhile and everything I read, see, and watch has him moving to my front of the line category. Whoever decides to return and transfer market. We'd be dancing with him next year.

Musselman is at the top of my list also. I think he would be a home run hire.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I am a little concerned that the news is we reached to Holtman at OSU. Which tells me he doesn’t have anyone. Why would he leave OSU for Indiana. 
I think we’re I serious trouble!

It was never said when IU back channeled Holtmann.

27 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Agree.  I think we have some pieces available on the team already.  Maybe a change in direction at the coaching level unlocks their potential.  I would like to see us add a few transfers but if we keep the core together, this could be a pretty good year 1 team for the next coach.  And at this point, expectations are low enough that just a tournament appearance and some signs of life will inject some much needed enthusiasm back into the program.

Right. Just because one person burns a steak doesn't mean we should throw away the rest of the steaks. A new cook might come in and cook them to their potential. There might not be a filet mignon to cook, but a great chef can make a hell of a meal with a NY strip steak.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I'm still in the Musselman, Oats, Beard camp as far as home run hires. 

As mentioned earlier, I'm really impressed with how Dolson is handling this, so I'll support whoever he hires of course and give them the chance they deserve, but IMO outside of those three there will be cautious optimism, where with those three I'd have pure excitement. 

So you are not buying what is going on over at Btown banner that we still have a shot at Stevens LOL!  Also there must be something with Beard because Goodman said that UCLA and now IU hasn't even reached out to Beard.  He said there are things floating out there but he has no clue what it is.

25 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Right. Just because one person burns a steak doesn't mean we should throw away the rest of the steaks. A new cook might come in and cook them to their potential. There might not be a filet mignon to cook, but a great chef can make a hell of a meal with a NY strip steak.

Presentation is always important...even with a great hamburger.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you are not buying what is going on over at Btown banner that we still have a shot at Stevens LOL!  Also there must be something with Beard because Goodman said that UCLA and now IU hasn't even reached out to Beard.  He said there are things floating out there but he has no clue what it is.

No, I'm not buying the Stevens stuff. Am I following it, sure, but I don't think it's happening. There are certainly some things that make you wonder the longer this goes on, but I put Stevens to IU at about 99.99999% of not happening. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Stevens isn't coming here lol.  I would imagine that Beard will probably end up at Texas. Also Goodman is an idiot he would be the last person I would pay any attention to. He is the guy talking about how irrelevant IU is but he can't stop tweeting about them. Something like over 30 tweets about IU since last week.

46 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Now I'm hungry.

13 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Hopefully Leal can turn into that for us.  I’d happily take another as well!!

Watching some of the offenses in the tournament that are faster, and allow their guards more freedom, I think Lander could be terrific in a system like that. Lander creating and kicking out to Leal and Franklin could be a really good start.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Stevens isn't coming here lol.  I would imagine that Beard will probably end up at Texas. Also Goodman is an idiot he would be the last person I would pay any attention to. He is the guy talking about how irrelevant IU is but he can't stop tweeting about them. Something like over 30 tweets about IU since last week.

Beilein to Texas?

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

No, I'm not buying the Stevens stuff. Am I following it, sure, but I don't think it's happening. There are certainly some things that make you wonder the longer this goes on, but I put Stevens to IU at about 99.99999% of not happening. 

If Brad Stevens really wanted to be at IU, it would have been announced by now.  No way IU is waiting until the end of the NBA season, especially when half the roster is in limbo.  And, if Stevens was willing to leave the Celtics mid-season, it would have already happened.  

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ben Howland...

His team is still playing (Mississippi State in the NIT Final) and he has a better resume than some of the names mentioned in this thread...

Never thought of him...good one.

Archived