Potential replacement coaches

4 minutes ago, IUB74 said:

How far we have fallen!  I’m trying to figure out why I should care about IU basketball, when the university apparently does not.

That’s kind of how I’m feeling right now. Hopefully Dolson knows something better than we do and this will be a complete success as a hire but I just don’t see it. Unfortunately, this is exactly what I thought would happen because this is not the program it once was, and nobody wants to come here and rebuild it while leaving a perfectly good program they are currently in. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IUB74 said:

How far we have fallen!  I’m trying to figure out why I should care about IU basketball, when the university apparently does not.

Man idk what the booster who is paying to $10m buyout was promised but I have a hard time imagining it was okay we are gonna hire Mike Woodson.

Edited by Ferg 32
  • Like 1

Someone help me understand this… So our athletic Director is hiring someone to do his job leading the basketball program because he’s so inapt at doing it? What in the world is going on??? Are we trying to set a whole new bar for a cluster of a basketball program?

This reminds me of a bunch of neighborhood kids dumpster diving at the local construction site to build a treehouse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I can make things more nerve wracking let’s watch what happens with our boys in the transfer portal.

Keep in mind these are guys who already committed to IU once. They’re HERE and have friendships, familiarity, etc. if most walk...you’ll see where recruiting is headed right quick. These are the “easy sells.”

If he retains all of them it won’t prove he can recruit, but if he loses most or all it’ll be a nice glimpse into what’s to come. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

If I can make things more nerve wracking let’s watch what happens with our boys in the transfer portal.

Keep in mind these are guys who already committed to IU once. They’re HERE and have friendships, familiarity, etc. if most walk...you’ll see where recruiting is headed right quick. These are the “easy sells.”

If he retains all of them it won’t prove he can recruit, but if he loses most or all it’ll be a nice glimpse into what’s to come. 

So basically in your mind no matter what Woodson does, he’s not gotta chance.

I would hope you’d have a bit more of an open mind. 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So basically in your mind no matter what Woodson does, he’s not gotta chance.

I would hope you’d have a bit more of an open mind. 

I hope to be wrong and he does well. It’s just hard to fathom someone fronting a buyout for the hire to be Mr. Woodson 

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Good news is that it wasn’t your money nor the university’s. Clearly someone or ones felt it was an investment worth making 

Is Woodson a co-investor with Scott May and Ferguson from Cook?  Assuming Cook family had a large say in hire

3 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Okay I am going to state the obvious here. This hire was to appease two problems. One it was an I U guy and two race relations. But if Woodson is so qualified why hire Motta. I think you are going to see Cheney or Lewis on this staff. 

I think you are 100% right on the being an IU guy. If he wasn't an Hoosier Alum he probably wouldn't even be considered.

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'd rather have kept Archie.  why not Fife or Lewis if Matta is onboard.  this is really sad.  

I'm actually pretty content. Of the former IU players, MW has easily the best resume.. like by a lot. Bringing in Matta is huge. 

I can understand being hot and cold on the hire, but being upset or wanting Fife 🤢.. doesnt really add up to me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm actually pretty content. Of the former IU players, MW has easily the best resume.. like by a lot. Bringing in Matta is huge. 

I can understand being hot and cold on the hire, but being upset or wanting Fife 🤢.. doesnt really add up to me.  

oh, i would have been devastated by Fife as well.  just would rather have a guy who might end up being great one day if he has a mentor like Matta than a 63 year old guy just getting his start.  i hope the former IU player are all super happy.  maybe Matta will take over in a couple years.