5. Beilein - maybe?

6. Moser  

100. Fife

101. Alford

102. Woodson

103. Cheaney

104. Lewis

105. Wittman

106. Whatever other "IU guy" has been brought up.

@IUwins0708From what you are hearing, just how disappointed would I be?

Middle of the road disappointed 😂

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Or.... They're still coaching and are absolutely not going to say they are interested in another job. 

Instead of asking why they aren't coming I think the better question is why would they come to IU and leaver where they are at.  Why Would guys who has won big like Wright, Bennett, Few or Beard leave their current job for IU.  They get paid quit well where they are at and will get raises f someone comes looking to hire them.  they have won big at their current jobs and the have great job security.  they have built their program and culture to where they like it.  Why leave that and try to build another program culture at a place that you will not have job security if you get off to a slow start.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Instead of asking why they aren't coming I think the better question is why would they come to IU and leaver where they are at.  Why Would guys who has won big like Wright, Bennett, Few or Beard leave their current job for IU.  They get paid quit well where they are at and will get raises f someone comes looking to hire them.  they have won big at their current jobs and the have great job security.  they have built their program and culture to where they like it.  Why leave that and try to build another program culture at a place that you will not have job security if you get off to a slow start.

i think Beard is different from the others.  Wright and Few have big programs they are good with.  probably Bennett too.  is Texas Tech really Beard's ultimate goal?

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i think Beard is different from the others.  Wright and Few have big programs they are good with.  probably Bennett too.  is Texas Tech really Beard's ultimate goal?

UT probably is and we have to remember these guys who are not from Indiana did not grow up loving IU like we have.  We think any coach out there would just pickup and leave because we are Indiana but these guys don't think that way.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

UT probably is and we have to remember these guys who are not from Indiana did not grow up loving IU like we have.  We think any coach out there would just pickup and leave because we are Indiana but these guys don't think that way.

not every coach, but we are still a bball school with a rich history and a great HS feeder system.  most would still want to come in Beard's situation.  not Wright, Few, or Bennett.  

46 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Why the f*** does nobody seem to want this job? 

I’m overreacting but...jeez. Beard should be jumping at this. 

They do. Two of the best coaches in decades begged to come here. They Knew they could win here. 

Rick Pitino

John Calipari

We told them to kick rocks because we think the magical unicorn coach we've been looking for will coming running to us.

We all might think our program is something special but it is quite obvious those in the coaching profession do not. Looks like we will get someone that will have to grow into the position which probably means several more years of excuses and mediocrity.

Hope I am wrong! I would love to eat crow on this one.

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

We all might think our program is something special but it is quite obvious those in the coaching profession do not. Looks like we will get someone that will have to grow into the position which probably means several more years of excuses and mediocrity.

i think you're wrong about coaches not understanding.  i think there are just some who don't want to take the risk of leaving their comfort zone.  some don't want the pressure.  some have family considerations.  i think they understand that it is the B1G, it is a bball school, it is a hotbed for HS talent, it is a program with a storied history.  

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

What exactly is comparable about those two seasons? 

I've already laid it out...

Indiana won more games (20-18) against better competition (SOS IU 16 TT 67)...that alone makes the two seasons comparable. All the metrics in the world can't overcome that fact.

You cite Covid as the reason Tech didn't have more wins, but you conveniently leave out that IU would have played at least one more game in the B1G, and by most accounts would have played in the tournament. No one knows how Indiana's season would have turned out.

By the way, it would be "threw a fit" not "through a fit."

Maybe you and @NCHoosier32 could get a word usage group together...

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

We are too picky.

He has to win.

He has to have a spotless past.

He has to be young.

He has to 'get it'

He has to recruit the 'right kids'

No wonder we never get anybody who, you know wins.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think you're wrong about coaches not understanding.  i think there are just some who don't want to take the risk of leaving their comfort zone.  some don't want the pressure.  some have family considerations.  i think they understand that it is the B1G, it is a bball school, it is a hotbed for HS talent, it is a program with a storied history.  

Could be. I guess when we hire someone nobody wants then we can revisit my post.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've already laid it out...

Indiana won more games (20-18) against better competition (SOS IU 16 TT 67)...that alone makes the two seasons comparable. All the metrics in the world can't overcome that fact.

You cite Covid as the reason Tech didn't have more wins, but you conveniently leave out that IU would have played at least one more game in the B1G, and by most accounts would have played in the tournament. No one knows how Indiana's season would have turned out.

By the way, it would be "threw a fit" not "through a fit."

Maybe you and @NCHoosier32 could get a word usage group together...

He's got you there KoB.  We are extremely unintelligent people!  He has now given you facts and is 100% correct.  He just doesn't understand bball.  Sorry, basketball.  

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why does anybody leave any company for another in life?

2 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

We are too picky.

He has to win.

He has to have a spotless past.

He has to be young.

He has to 'get it'

He has to recruit the 'right kids'

No wonder we never get anybody who, you know wins.

Dude, banging floozies on restaurant tables, hiring prostitutes for recruits, and having vacated Final Fours, is a looooooong way from a "spotless past"  I'm not sure spotless past is a requirement (see Kelvin Sampson) but being a decent and honorable human being should be.

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

Dude, banging floozies on restaurant tables, hiring prostitutes for recruits, and having vacated Final Fours, is a looooooong way from a "spotless past"  I'm not sure spotless past is a requirement (see Kelvin Sampson) but being a decent and honorable human being should be.

Pitino said today that he's happy at Iona and would never entertain coaching a big time program again...

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For the same reason Archie did. His brother told him not to leave Dayton unless he got courted by a program that would win it all. 

5 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Well there you go. Our program is so amazingly awesome that we are telling HOF coaches to kick rocks. 

I'm sure he's the first to cheat on his wife.

The strippers don't happen here because we actually have compliance and an AD that cares.

Doesn't it feel good to be sitting home for the 5th year in a row, in our own gym no less, and pounding your chest at how pious we are while the nation laughs at us?

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Well there you go. Our program is so amazingly awesome that we are telling HOF coaches to kick rocks. 

I'm sure he's the first to cheat on his wife.

The strippers don't happen here because we actually have compliance and an AD that cares.

Doesn't it feel good to be sitting home for the 5th year in a row, in our own gym no less, and pounding your chest at how pious we are while the nation laughs at us?

The strippers are a waste at IU, there are MORE than enough BEAUTIFUL women in BTown without any need to drop singles.

moment of silence... ❤️

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

The strippers are a waste at IU, there are MORE than enough BEAUTIFUL women in BTown without any need to drop singles.

moment of silence... ❤️

Yep. Louisville is a commuter school. The assistants felt they had to resort to that, I guess.

Archived