Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

I’m sure feelers have already been put out. Muss knows IU will pony up cash as will Arkansas.  He’ll just have to determine if there is something at the IU job that Arkansas can’t offer him.  Plus he’s already started building there.    Last question is where does he want to go?  Is Arkansas his destination?  Would IU be a destination job for him?   Would Duke or UNC be a destination job for him?  Does he want to go back to NBA again?    A lot of questions... but money won’t be an issue basically going forward.  His payday is coming.  Just up to him where/what he wants to do.  

Agreed on all that. Just the rumor he is interviewing tonight is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Archie knows b-ball and can coach. His flaw was recruiting and a dud offensive system.  No national recruit wanted to come here. Not an attractive program outside of “Indiana” kids.    He knows hoops though. He didn’t get to Indiana on accident. 

So he can coach but his offense was a dud. Sounds like like he can't coach to me. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

So he can coach but his offense was a dud. Sounds like like he can't coach to me. 

Well he made some recruiting mistakes early that hurt him all four year.  I’m sure he’d do a handful of things differently next time.   He’ll get his chance too.    I personally don’t think he had multiple years of success because he can’t coach.     

it didn’t work here.  Sometimes that happens. He’ll go to another school. Build his resume back up.  And earn another crack at a big program.  And learn from his mistakes.   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Muss moved around for upward mobility. His trajectory is not erratic like Larry Brown’s.  His moves were rational.  If anything he was willing to coach minor league ball and be an assistant in college.  I like that lifer, grinder mentality.  Every move he made was well thought out IMO.  

I agree you ask him about it but I’m not panicking over his moves.  

Yep - his moving around doesn’t bother me.  Def not a Larry Brown.  And I really think he’d stick at IU.  And he can coach w swagger.  Need that back in b’town 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IndyFife said:

Yep - his moving around doesn’t bother me.  Def not a Larry Brown.  And I really think he’d stick at IU.  And he can coach w swagger.  Need that back in b’town 

Honest question though - what can Indiana give him they Arkansas can’t?   Pretty sure they could match any amount of money. 

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Thought he was connected in southern Indiana? Someone on the other site mentioned people on PEEGS are saying Dolson got his guy. Whatever that means. I’ll believe the search is over when it’s announced. 

He is connected, and is usually in the know and correct.  He should be followed. Now, with southern Indiana connections... Calbert, Lewis?  Who could it be?  

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Thought he was connected in southern Indiana? Someone on the other site mentioned people on PEEGS are saying Dolson got his guy. Whatever that means. I’ll believe the search is over when it’s announced. 

He’s from Newburgh and owner of PocketCity

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Not from what I have seen in the past. 

Alright.  Thanks guys.  I’ll try not to get carried away for the second time this week ... but how the hell are we supposed to fall asleep!?!?  

“And people saying Dolson got his guy. “.  Oh man

1 minute ago, Bustout said:

Alright.  Thanks guys.  I’ll try not to get carried away for the second time this week ... but how the hell are we supposed to fall asleep!?!?  

“And people saying Dolson got his guy. “.  Oh man

I know. I’m supposed be up in 5 hours. I was just doing some reading to fall asleep and this has me wide awake now. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I've already laid it out...

Indiana won more games (20-18) against better competition (SOS IU 16 TT 67)...that alone makes the two seasons comparable. All the metrics in the world can't overcome that fact.

You cite Covid as the reason Tech didn't have more wins, but you conveniently leave out that IU would have played at least one more game in the B1G, and by most accounts would have played in the tournament. No one knows how Indiana's season would have turned out.

By the way, it would be "threw a fit" not "through a fit."

Maybe you and @NCHoosier32 could get a word usage group together...

Nothing says, "I've got a solid argument" quite like correcting someone's grammar. 

And yes, I cite Covid and a winter storm costing Tech porbably 6 wins because it's two games against TCU and probably 4 easy OOC games.