Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

The fact that there was the 'Dolson got his guy' chatter last night on Peegs and those two twitter posts as well makes me think the Matta story may have been legit.

Which would mean every decent coach is telling us to pound sand.

Or .. Dolson got his guy and the Matta thing is unrelated and is Goodman trolling. 

Our Ladies played today, not unreasonable to think we wouldn't announce a men's hire today. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

Prove it.  You can't.  

Brian Evans had first hand knowledge as the emissary and told the story in a recent interview. He filled in all the details including being asked to a meeting with Greenspan then being blown off after he took the time to go to Bloomington. They wouldn’t even talk to him.  

15 minutes ago, ephul said:

At the same time, with Matta's health concerns, I wouldn't think Dolson would've gotten his hopes too high until after a physical.

Do I think IU is getting turned down? Probably. But I also think coaches are starting to realize they can win where they are, and places like Texas Tech can dish out some major cash. Those places also come with a little lower expectations. 

Who do we think turned him down besides Stevens? 

Honestly, this talk that we are getting turned down left and right is so silly. The tournament just started, there isn't even a possibility we've had a chance to be turned down by a sizeable number of people. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

This last sentence is me 😂. Its like if Dolson was deciding on dinner he apparently went all in on surf and turf but now has cravings for top ramen.

I have no idea who is genuinely being considered. 

D41D9339-C90D-4BE4-BE0D-F53F7A36BB96.png

hmmmm

23 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

The fact that there was the 'Dolson got his guy' chatter last night on Peegs and those two twitter posts as well makes me think the Matta story may have been legit.

Which would mean every decent coach is telling us to pound sand.

Musselman is still coaching in the tournament.  Drew is still coaching in the tournament.  Oats is still coaching in the tournament, Altman is still coaching in the tournament, etc.   If you think any 'decent; coach is going to quit on their current team in the middle of the tournament, then I don't know what to tell you.

Well, I actually, I do.  you are either totally unaware of how this process works, or you are making posts like this to troll.

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Our Ladies played today, not unreasonable to think we wouldn't announce a men's hire today. 

Exactly,  Absolutely no way this would happen.,  We either have a lot of clueless posters on here, or a bunch of people that just like to hear themselves complain.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Exactly,  Absolutely no way this would happen.,  We either have a lot of clueless posters on here, or a bunch of people that just like to hear themselves complain.

Well I say this fan base basketball IQ has went way down over the last 20 years

3 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Seriously, I doubt anybody has any "sources" no matter how close they think they are to the program.  Dolson was pretty clear in the pressor and I have to believe him unless something substantive surfaces.  

Like I have said before I am not an insider but I know more than a few people that work at the university and 2 in the athletic department. I asked this past weekend and IU did try to hire Stevens but they have no idea who is seriously being considered for the job now. Not much if anything being leaked

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Who do we think turned him down besides Stevens? 

Honestly, this talk that we are getting turned down left and right is so silly. The tournament just started, there isn't even a possibility we've had a chance to be turned down by a sizeable number of people. 

0708 posted a couple hours ago that multiple coaches have said that IU is not the brand that they used to be, insinuating they have turned us down.

I asked him to quote or document that claim, and have heard nothing since.

Sure I am gonna be viewed as another guy who has pushed a valuable poster out the door. So be it. If someone makes that kind of statement, then they need to have something to back it up.

I agree with you. Lots of time to get our next head coach 

Just now, Cutter said:

Like I have said before I am not an insider but I know more than a few people that work at the university and 2 in the athletic department. I asked this past weekend and IU did try to hire Stevens but they have no idea who is seriously being considered for the job now. Not much if anything being leaked

and it should stay that way

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well I say this fan base basketball IQ has went way down over the last 20 years

There wasn’t social media 20 years ago, so maybe we just seemed smarter. It’s like the Winston Churchill quote, “the greatest argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter.”

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Fife was a head coach already and been at MSU several years.  Lewis been all around the country coaching college.  They are as ready as anyone.  

You think they are ready to go head to head against the coaches in the Big Ten and come out on top both on the court and in recruiting? Howard has the #1 recruiting class coming in and is in the Sweet 16 in year 1. Fife and Lewis can come in and be just as good? I do think Archie left a good young group of players to build from. Beilein gives instant credibility to the staff and helps ease one of them into the role. 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

0708 posted a couple hours ago that multiple coaches have said that IU is not the brand that they used to be, insinuating they have turned us down.

I asked him to quote or document that claim, and have heard nothing since.

Sure I am gonna be viewed as another guy who has pushed a valuable poster out the door. So be it. If someone makes that kind of statement, then they need to have something to back it up.

I agree with you. Lots of time to get our next head coach 

I did not say coaches said that.

I said it as my opinion not that coaches said sheesh people!

Archived