Potential replacement coaches

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You can count me in that group as well.  I wasn't necessarily down on Howard, but I felt like he had a lot to prove and I questioned whether Michigan was making a mistake hiring an unproven commodity.  No question, he has answered a lot of the questions and outperformed my expectations quite a bit.

Lewis and/or Fyffe would feel underwhelming to me on the surface...certainly a lot to prove, but after observing what Howard has accomplished thus far, I'm open to unproven.

Whoever is chosen will get the benefit of the doubt from me and my support.  I hate failure...and I hated seeing Archie fail.  I'll pull hard for whoever replaces him.  The IU job is not one for the faint of heart.

Where have you been!?!?

Just now, Max said:

I’m sorry to keep these going guys. But, this is one of the more ridiculous things I’ve seen someone post here lol. SHOW ME YOUR SOURCES WITH RECEIPTS OR ELSE! Dude literally get out. Please. This isn’t a pole measuring contest. Puff your chest elsewhere

Dangit max, you are my boy. But let it die!  😡😁

• Like 1

Two observations:

it’s obvious that the longer the search goes, the sense of foreboding grows a little in each of us that the job has lost it’s luster, and that all the fans thinking we can just name a name like Musselman, or Beard, and that those guys are just going to stop what they are doing and come to Bloomington, those days are gone. I think the potential is/was there for a program changing home run hire, but Dolson can force unwilling coaches to come. I think the feeling is that the longer this drags out, the more swing-and-a-miss Dolson has, and maybe we will end up with a lackluster hire- because it’s the best we can do. That’s a painful does of reality, and a source of frustration for all. Goidman and Matta trolling us tonight right after the “failed physical” story was disturbing and embarrassing. 

BUT, having been an “insider” before, ( my wife is friends with the mother of a former player) you don’t just give up sources, especially with the way rumors have been flying. Personal friends who tell you information can feel betrayed, and then, losing a friend over a message board. I think there is a real difference between the stuff we get here and out there- let’s try to keep it that way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Two observations:

it’s obvious that the longer the search goes, the sense of foreboding grows a little in each of us that the job has lost it’s luster, and that all the fans thinking we can just name a name like Musselman, or Beard, and that those guys are just going to stop what they are doing and come to Bloomington, those days are gone. I think the potential is/was there for a program changing home run hire, but Dolson can force unwilling coaches to come. I think the feeling is that the longer this drags out, the more swing-and-a-miss Dolson has, and maybe we will end up with a lackluster hire- because it’s the best we can do. That’s a painful does of reality, and a source of frustration for all. Goidman and Matta trolling us tonight right after the “failed physical” story was disturbing and embarrassing. 

BUT, having been an “insider” before, ( my wife is friends with the mother of a former player) you don’t just give up sources, especially with the way rumors have been flying. Personal friends who tell you information can feel betrayed, and then, losing a friend over a message board. I think there is a real difference between the stuff we get here and out there- let’s try to keep it that way.

I agree with most of this. But we are only a week in. Not even to the sweet 16 yet. A lot of FAN targets are still playing and can't even talk to Dolson. Everyone just needs to calm down and let the man do his job.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Where have you been!?!?

I got a little over halfway through the season and just checked out...quit coming here and quit watching on TV.  Us sunshine pumpers can only handle so much negativity and I got a lot done during my self-imposed exile.

Really useful function after taking a month off from this place:  the "mark site read" button.  Really helpful when you need to avoid reading 130 pages of insanity. 🤪

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I agree with most of this. But we are only a week in. Not even to the sweet 16 yet. A lot of FAN targets are still playing and can't even talk to Dolson. Everyone just needs to calm down and let the man do his job.

Absolutely! We are only speculating that Dolson has been whiffing, we don’t really know. The sense of dread and foreboding cones from not catching a break for 25 years. Heck, I postulated that maybe Stevens was over the top in his presser to thow everyone off the scent- someone called it strange.. I think Beilien is a really good coach, and we could have had him by now. Better coaches must be in play... More is going on than we know, and that could still be a good thing.

Edited by Rev_AK
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Two observations:

Like your post. Furthermore, it has to be the right fit.  Coaches have interest for all sorts of reason. And, they don't have interest for others.

To move the family to a state and town you don't want to is one of them.  The spotlight could be another.  And, it could be reverse.

We see big names want the job - Sampson, Crean and Miller.  We know from sources like Dakitch and others Donovan, Pitino, Calipari and others have inquired.  Sounds like Larry Brown would of been an assistant years ago.  

Got to find the right fit.  Someone who has the personality, work ethic, and can coach.  Bloomington is a special place, but not for everyone.  The IU coach is a rock star in the state, and the media mirrors the coach.  That is for some, and not for others.  Maybe Texas Tech is where Beard wants to be, etc......

Find the IU guy, who wants to win for not only self, but the state and program. 

• Like 2

Since others seem to have had their last word, and now new folks have come on here to criticize, I am gonna say my last piece and then I am going to bed.

When someone on here posts information and positions themselves to be an “insider “ their posts tend to hold a lot of weight. When they make a statement without using a qualifier like “in my opinion “, based on previous posts, that doesn’t come across as an opinion. Because a poster has positioned themselves to be considered an insider, posts are considered to be “in the know.”

When a post is made that multiple coaches have said IU isn’t the job it used to be, that’s a pretty significant comment. 

In my opinion would clear up a lot, in my opinion 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Absolutely! We are only speculating that Dolson has been whiffing, we don’t really know. The sense of dread and foreboding cones from not catching a break for 25 years. Heck, I postulated that maybe Stevens was over the top in his presser to thow everyone off the scent- someone called it strange.. I think Beilien is a really good coach, and we could have had him by now. Better coaches must be in play... More is going on than we know, and that could still be a good thing.

It was strange wasnt it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Since others seem to have had their last word, and now new folks have come on here to criticize, I am gonna say my last piece and then I am going to bed.

When someone on here posts information and positions themselves to be an “insider “ their posts tend to hold a lot of weight. When they make a statement without using a qualifier like “in my opinion “, based on previous posts, that doesn’t come across as an opinion. Because a poster has positioned themselves to be considered an insider, posts are considered to be “in the know.”

When a post is made that multiple coaches have said IU isn’t the job it used to be, that’s a pretty significant comment. 

Fair.

I like you both.  Hopefully after we've all had a nap, we can get along again. :cheers:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I’ll work on it 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Not you and I wasn’t specifically called a liar, I better make sure I put that out there.  Just saying when the positive vibes are coming everyone wants more, and when it’s not what they want they can’t handle it.  I don’t mind you or anyone questioning me.  God and this board knows I’ve been wrong a ton my whole life.

I think the problem is people have unrealistic expectations meet passion... they want things now with no patience and no one including myself likes to be wrong but the moment you put your neck on the line and are wrong people call you out and think you aren’t allowed to defend yourself... if rolls were reversed we would all handle ourselves the same way you do.... btw no one else knows what goes behind the scene and how people treat you or message you. You tell people you’re gonna leave the board because of people being keyboard Warriors essentially but then they beg you not to go and to ignore the “haters” that’s way easier said than done. I’m sure it’s exhausting. I’ve definitely went hard after you before and for that in sorry... I’m so tired of people being rude and disrespectful on this site if it’s something that doesn’t go their exact way. To me this site is special and it shouldn’t be compared to other boards yet people still do but lately this board is just as negative as positive. We have to do better as IU fans and just embrace when people like you give information. If you’re wrong who cares it literally doesn’t affect any one persons real life just their lives as fans yet they hold it against you in ways you shouldn’t have to deal with for being human and willing to share.... if you left people would freak out and beg for you to be back and in need of an “insider”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Guys, as @bluegrassIU has already said, we're all on the same team here. Tensions are getting high, but lets please keep it civil are argue the points not the person. 

There is no need whatsoever to post the contents of private messages. That is not cool. 

For the record, I didn’t post the contents of it. The fact it even happened is so damn sad. 

On a related note—how does one put a poster on ignore??