Potential replacement coaches

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

If only Miller had the thought to use past IU players and connections to work with and excite the kids he had.

I can’t help but wonder if he had a better staff if the results would have been different. We all seen the value that one staffer can make with Crean.

What past IU players should he have used? Not Calbert. 

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

are you an IU alum?  how much would they have to pay you?  i am an alum, want the job badly, currently make peanuts as a school teacher, so i come as a bargain, i've coach for 28 years, and i really want the job.  

You have the qualifications of Woodson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if you were an NFL GM would have you hired a coach that was 36-44 in 5 years at his previous spot? Well New England did and never looked back

Patriots went 5-11 his first year and then the next season Bledsoe went down in the second gameand some dude named Tom Brady came in and we all know what happened after that. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I definitely think he should've hired Mike Lewis instead of Roberts two years ago. He might still have a job if he did. Lewis was the offensive coordinator for some of those Nebraska teams that could actually score. He would've been exactly what Archie needed. 

Just now, unexpectedflash said:

I definitely think he should've hired Mike Lewis instead of Roberts two years ago. He might still have a job if he did. Lewis was the offensive coordinator for some of those Nebraska teams that could actually score. He would've been exactly what Archie needed. 

Meh

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why not Calbert? He was instrumental in working with Creans players. I heard it was so clear that Calbert was more respected by the players than Crean and that was one of the reasons they parted ways.

Maybe some inspirational visits from VO, Yogi, OG Cwat, Verdell, Guyton, EJ, Jeffries, Woodson, Thomas etc.

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

Why not Calbert? He was instrumental in working with Creans players. I heard it was so clear that Calbert was more respected by the players than Crean and that was one of the reasons they parted ways.

Maybe some inspirational visits from VO, Yogi, OG Cwat, Verdell, Guyton, EJ, Jeffries, Woodson, Thomas etc.

I've heard nothing like that at all. Creans been developing players well before CC. 

32 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I was told in P.M. yesterday, that there is one candidate who loves IU and can’t wait restore it....I didn’t even ask who it was, because quite frankly, that’s all I needed to hear. That’s the kind of coach I want at IU. I want a coach where money isn’t the deciding factor... I also want that coach who will “make his mark” at IU. I won’t divulge who the P.M. was from .....

I’m sure there’s a dozen asst coaches in D3 who’d die for a shot at IU...give them a call?

• Haha 2

I will preface this by saying none of us know what is actually happening or what Dolson is thinking/doing.

However, if he is considering hiring an "IU guy" then I would hope he would at least wait until he can talk to some of the other names that are being discussed on this board (Beard/Muss/Drew/etc). Woodson, Fife, etc will accept the job if it is tomorrow or next month, or if they are the first choice or the twentieth choice.

I have confidence that Dolson will end up doing the right thing and do a thorough search with plenty of due diligence.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I will preface this by saying none of us know what is actually happening or what Dolson is thinking/doing.

However, if he is considering hiring an "IU guy" then I would hope he would at least wait until he can talk to some of the other names that are being discussed on this board (Beard/Muss/Drew/etc). Woodson, Fife, etc will accept the job if it is tomorrow or next month, or if they are the first choice or the twentieth choice.

I have confidence that Dolson will end up doing the right thing and do a thorough search with plenty of due diligence.

We’d never actually know but if he hired a Fife and other big names would’ve taken if offered he should be ran out of town.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I’m sure there’s a dozen asst coaches in D3 who’d die for a shot at IU...give them a call?

This resume would interest me:

• 2014, 2016 and 2018 National Champions

• 2014, 2016 and 2018 National Coach of the Year

• 6-time League Coach of the Year

• 420-108 (.795) career record makes him the all time winningest coach at the university

• 201-57 (.779) Conference record

• 10 Regular Season Conference Championships in the past fourteen seasons

• 10 Quarterfinal appearances in the last thirteen seasons--more than any school in the country

• Has led his team to top-6 ranking in each of the last thirteen years

• Has coached 19 All Americans and 31 All Conference players in his 15 seasons

• Played in four NCAA Tournaments while at Valparaiso University

Can anyone guess who it is?

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What is the obsession with IU guys with moderate resumes coaching here? 

Calbert on the staff? No 

Fife? No 

Lewis? Yes 

What would merit Fife not good enough to be on staff?  Or Calbert?  These dudes are on higher levels than IU right now.  Everyone one of them, including Woodson.  They would all be taking a demotion.  

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You have the qualifications of Woodson. 

This is the laziest post you have ever made, respectfully.  Like agenda bot trolling against Woodson.  Meritless like our national news sources bad.  Your next response will be that you were being sarcastic but you and dbm have been beating this drum repeatedly without merit or argument.  

9 minutes ago, aaprice14 said:

This resume would interest me:

• 2014, 2016 and 2018 National Champions

• 2014, 2016 and 2018 National Coach of the Year

• 6-time League Coach of the Year

• 420-108 (.795) career record makes him the all time winningest coach at the university

• 201-57 (.779) Conference record

• 10 Regular Season Conference Championships in the past fourteen seasons

• 10 Quarterfinal appearances in the last thirteen seasons--more than any school in the country

• Has led his team to top-6 ranking in each of the last thirteen years

• Has coached 19 All Americans and 31 All Conference players in his 15 seasons

• Played in four NCAA Tournaments while at Valparaiso University

Can anyone guess who it is?

Tonegal.  I would be much more excited about that than Woodson.  

• Like 3