Potential replacement coaches

Just now, Bustout said:

If true ... which could be skeptical ... anyone but Beard would probably be a let down in a lot of fan’s eyes at this point (not considering Stevens in this). 

Just give me a coach that wins and brings the life back to the program. Rome wasn’t built over night. While I’m not expecting a return to the tourney next year there is still a realistic chance due to the amount of transfer that will be out there. 

If it’s Woodson, being in the NBA will be a plus and kids want to get to the NBA. Woodson can let his assistants do bulk of recruiting.

• Like 1

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

If they hire Woodson then McRobbie would likely need to put the barb wire fencing all over the campus like they have in DC.  Dolson's career would likely be over.

Not if it works.  I don’t think he is the best candidate, but I will give him a chance.  Just don’t sign him to a contract that prevents us from correcting a mistake if necessary 

Let’s just say it is Woodson ... wouldn’t Dolson at least wait to talk to maybe Musselman, Drew (maybe?) and/or Oats? The likelihood of the last two may be low - but at least have a discussion before naming Woodson?   Woodson will be there in a few weeks no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Let’s just say it is Woodson ... wouldn’t Dolson at least wait to talk to maybe Musselman, Drew (maybe?) and/or Oats? The likelihood of the last two may be low - but at least have a discussion before naming Woodson?   Woodson will be there in a few weeks no matter what. 

Isn’t it possible he already “reached” out and got the thanks but no thanks???

Just now, iucane said:

Possible. But equally possible “hey - I appreciate the opportunity to talk, but it’s mid-season and I’m focused on my team right now”.    

If it is ultimately Woodson, I just don’t think it’s announced Friday.  IMO  

21 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Why haven’t they been hired?

Players are transferring right now, there is no reason not to have Woodson, Fife, Beilein, Matta, Lewis, Cheaney, etc named as coach right now. 

I have an idea why.....

No one has transferred. Three players have put there names in the portal. At least two of them, and probably the most important one in Armaan, have said they are keeping the door open to returning to Bloomington. Don't make this out to be a mass exodus from IU. Not even close.

• Like 4

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

No one has transferred. Three players have put there names in the portal. At least two of them, and probably the most important one in Armaan, have said they are keeping the door open to returning to Bloomington. Don't make this out to be a mass exodus from IU. Not even close.

That’s not what I am saying.

The point is why hasn’t Woodson, Beilein, Fife, etc named coach days ago?

Stevens said no thanks 4 days ago.

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is the laziest post you have ever made, respectfully.  Like agenda bot trolling against Woodson.  Meritless like our national news sources bad.  Your next response will be that you were being sarcastic but you and dbm have been beating this drum repeatedly without merit or argument.  

What? Lol you're taking this to heart, my bad. 

I've given why you there's no reason to consider him. It's ok to disagree, you agree? It's going to be ok. Idk what dbm has anything to do with this. 

Beating this drum? I'm so confused. 

Edited by btownqb

7 minutes ago, iucane said:

Of course.  I suspect we never get the whole story, or even much of it.  It doesn't benefit the coach or the AD to discuss who may have declined.

Heck, there are stories told about the last coaching search that are probably baloney.  We don't and won't know half of what has or is going on.

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

What would merit Fife not good enough to be on staff?  Or Calbert?  These dudes are on higher levels than IU right now.  Everyone one of them, including Woodson.  They would all be taking a demotion.  

What are you talking about?

Because we have better assistant coach options.