Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The Celtics aren't selling for assets, they're looking to add/maneuver pieces around Tatum and Brown. 

They're trying to get Aaron Gordon from the Magic. The rub is they'd like to do it for picks and young pieces but the Magic may push for Marcus Smart to be included. 

But the Celtics aren't looking to sell off key pieces. 

There you go again BGleas being the voice of reason and all trying to prevent us all from going down another rabbit hole.  Sometimes you're just no fun at all.

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think I heard him right ON JMV but I think he said Cronin has been to 10 straight tourneys 

Pretty sure that's right. Since he only got to the sweet 16 once (obviously he got to it again this year though) the narrative was that he could never get past the first weekend at Cincy

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think the "A" list only has 2 names on it and if #2 says no then keep going after 1, the hope is to not have to go any further. This could all be crap but seems consistent with what i have heard. 

Is #2 Oats, Muss, or someone else?

I think I need to post this disclaimer: in no way am I saying Woodson is going to be the next coach.  I actually think Dolson seems to be taking all the input he can and looking at all his options.  However, I got second hand confirmation today that Woodson thinks he has a chance at the job.  Now, as has been stated there is a big difference between his perception and Dolson's reality.  I have avoided all talk of Woodson and his thread so far as i thought it was not legit but it sure sounds like all the chatter of him talking to IU is legit.

This came directly from a direct family member of a former player in the same age bracket as Woodson.

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I think I need to post this disclaimer: in no way am I saying Woodson is going to be the next coach.  I actually think Dolson seems to be taking all the input he can and looking at all his options.  However, I got second hand confirmation today that Woodson thinks he has a chance at the job.  Now, as has been stated there is a big difference between his perception and Dolson's reality.  I have avoided all talk of Woodson and his thread so far as i thought it was not legit but it sure sounds like all the chatter of him talking to IU is legit.

This came directly from a direct family member of a former player in the same age bracket as Woodson.

It would not shock me if he is the emergency off ramp.  I think Dolson has some other people he is going to push for and that if they fall through, Woodson is the guy he has in his pocket.

We won't go the mid major route again.  We will bring in the IU guy with NBA ties.  Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My wife bought me a private, VIP golf cart tour of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Christmas. The tour is scheduled for 11:30 on Monday. That almost guarantees that is when the news will break. 

Then you are fine, because it will take us about 24 hours to determine if it it true or if ESPN and BTN have jumped in on trolling us...

11 minutes ago, NVFalcons12 said:

Cheaney over Woodson......if we're down that far beyond the tier 1 and tier 2 guys

If we are down that far it’s about shutting the program down or at least save tax payer money and go higher the best HS Coach in the state and pay them $500,000 a year.

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I truly have no names.  I was guessing Beard,  musselman, Oats in that order but no idea to be honest 

Thanks for your input/reports. 

please pass up the ladder thru your sources “that BadgerVol from Wisconsin...yea the guy who went to Luke Fischer’s game with his kids decked out in IU gear...that nut job...ANYWAY he says to avoid lame hires that deflate us anymore than we already are.”

43 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It would not shock me if he is the emergency off ramp.  I think Dolson has some other people he is going to push for and that if they fall through, Woodson is the guy he has in his pocket.

We won't go the mid major route again.  We will bring in the IU guy with NBA ties.  Just my opinion.

i was really hoping absolute worst case scenario was Beilein or Matta.  i can't even wrap my brain around which "IU guy" i would want as a fallback.  Woodson doesn't excite me at all.  i feel like Lewis or Fife could become a great coach one day, but who knows?  just can't even imagine Cheaney who has never been a head coach or even a #1 assistant.  i might take Fife i guess?

Archived