Potential replacement coaches

32 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Turdue puke. Come on Man. If you think I am a Turdue fan than you're not a Hoosier.

I don't know what to make of you you come on here begging for Steve Alforde to be the next coach. Only someone who wants the demise of the program would do such a thing.  That or a Purdue troll.  

Would you love for Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, or Jay Wright to get the IU coaching job and to win 2 or 3 titles over the next 8 years?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't know what to make of you you come on here begging for Steve Alforde to be the next coach. Only someone who wants the demise of the program would do such a thing.  That or a Purdue troll.  

Would you love for Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, or Jay Wright to get the IU coaching job and to win 2 or 3 titles over the next 8 years?  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think every single poster here or in the fan base would love it if we had an ex-player with the right skins on the wall to be hired.  The problem is none of them check out.  It simply isn’t rational to hire one of the ex IU players.  

The notion that we’ve had some hires from “outside the family” who did not meet expectations and thus “that means we should now go with an ex player” couldn’t be any more faultier reasoning.  That’s not a one plus one equals two situation. 

I respect the ex players and all they did as players.  But with all due respect they don’t own the rights to the job.  It’s not their place to assign somebody that spot.  It’s not how it works.  If anything they might be narrow minded with a preconceived bias.  It’s nothing personal against any of them, but there’s a limit to the value of their input.  

We need the best hire, period.  And if you think of it that way, we shouldn’t hire an ex IU player.   None of us is getting any younger.  None of us.  I am way past the point of throwing away 4-5 years on some ill conceived experiment.  If you want somebody connected with our past, the closest would be Beard as sort of a cousin since he came off the Knight tree.  And in that case, he’s actually qualified.  I like him but I like Muss too as well as Oats.  

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
This is the tactful and professional way of saying what I keep posting and comes out snippy, sarcastic, and childish because I’m literally losing my 💩.

• Like 6

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️
This is the tactful and professional way of saying what I keep posting and comes out snippy, sarcastic, and childish because I’m literally losing my 💩.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I agree, we need to get this done. Get the new coach in here and start putting this team back together! 
I have a question, when we hire a new coach and it’s a home run! The player who signed up to Transfer want to comeback. Can the new coach say you know what I think I am going another direction! 

Yes.

I said in this thread or another....two way street. Players want to exercise their rights is fine by me....but if they are told they aren't playing here and better head elsewhere  they can't cry wolf.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Hold on.  Did you just call Calbert Cheaney lazy and unprofessional?  Have you met him?  I've known him since we were in school together, and those are two of the last words I'd use to describe him.

I'm telling you what UE thought of him during his interview there. You'll notice he didn't get the job. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU247 said:

This thread is like two siblings fighting with each other. Expect its like a dozen siblings 

Heck yea!

I was just explaining to my wife how poor of a decision Brad has made and our voices started raising (we were half kidding) the dog woke up and got concerned then she’s yelling

“MAYBE THEY LIKE IT IN BOSTON!!”

“BOSTON SUCKS and their fans hate him!”

“What you call Boston fans are probably IU fans being crazy and posing as Boston fans! Look at yourself!”

“COME ON HONEY! He’s making a mistake! It’s SO obvious.”

“If it’s HIS CHOICE he can make a mistake and it’s not your business!”

“Yes it is MY business I’m an IU fan!”

“Oh Good GOD go back to your geek message board.”

“Ok. :)”

(Dog lays back down)

• Haha 8

I have to admit, I am getting a little burnt out on this tread. No one really knows anything just guessing or hoping who it will be. 
My opinion is that if it was someone who’s season was over,they would have made an announcement. Since not a peep has been leaked out, I’m saying it’s someone still coaching in the Tournament. Just my two cents. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Heck yea!

I was just explaining to my wife how poor of a decision Brad has made and our voices started raising (we were half kidding) the dog woke up and got concerned then she’s yelling

“MAYBE THEY LIKE IT IN BOSTON!!”

“BOSTON SUCKS and their fans hate him!”

“What you call Boston fans are probably IU fans being crazy and posing as Boston fans! Look at yourself!”

“COME ON HONEY! He’s making a mistake! It’s SO obvious.”

“If it’s HIS CHOICE he can make a mistake and it’s not your business!”

“Yes it is MY business I’m an IU fan!”

“Oh Good GOD go back to your geek message board.”

“Ok. :)”

(Dog lays back down)

Perfect!

• Haha 1