Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

Agreed on the thought that hiring Stevens means we got the absolute best candidate, checks all the boxes, etc.

But no I wasn't saying it could get worse. All I'm saying is, what if even with Stevens, the results don't get better. If that were to happen, would that take the state of the program into an even darker period of discontent? I just don't want to think about what the mindset of the program would be if we end up at the point of, "We hired the guy we wanted, the best option, and it didn't work. What the hell do we do now?!"

Well there really isn't much you can do about that. No matter who you hire you are taking a chance and there is no guarantee that they will work out. You just keep trying until you get it right, Stevens isn't the only good coach out there.

3 minutes ago, Ferg 32 said:

I know don’t worry they are testing the waters but 6 is a lot.

The last post was kind of tongue in cheek, but seriously though, I hope we get this hire figured out soon.  I know everyone is saying that we can throw a team together from the transfer portal, but if we get on these guys late, I kind of get the impression that we are going to be picking out of the bargain bin at Walmart.

7 minutes ago, Ferg 32 said:

I know don’t worry they are testing the waters but 6 is a lot.

With no coach in place yet and how the transfer rules are it doesn't surprise me. 

We probably do need to get a coach soon though, the longer this goes on the more time these players have to find a school they like.

32 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Well there really isn't much you can do about that. No matter who you hire you are taking a chance and there is no guarantee that they will work out. You just keep trying until you get it right, Stevens isn't the only good coach out there.

I completely agree, just thinking hypothetically. Overall the program is in a low spot, and I just can't imagine how low it would be if we miss on the next coach.

5 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I hope we announce soon! If it’s someone still coaching great! But at least tell the players! 

You can’t tell the players If the announcement needs to be kept quiet for some reason. As soon as the players are told it will spread like wildfire.

Archived