Potential replacement coaches

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Nah he's probably crying in his office as he faxes Mike Woodson a lifetime contract offer as no one else will take the job.

Nah. I think he will land someone good. I think there is a lot of jumping to conclusions about what is going down when nobody really knows. I think a few have some legit sources to the athletic dept, but are probably only getting a few pieces of the puzzle. I take it as a good sign he hasn't hired someone already. I think he has his sites on someone and if it were an IU guy he could have hired him a week ago. Maybe I am wrong...none of us know for sure...but I think good things will come to those who wait. Like the late great Tom Petty said...Waiting is the hardest part.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Nah he's probably crying in his office as he faxes Mike Woodson a lifetime contract offer as no one else will take the job.

I can’t believe how crappy of a program you think we are. You must think Evansville is better than IU.

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Nah. I think he will land someone good. I think there is a lot of jumping to conclusions about what is going down when nobody really knows. I think a few have some legit sources to the athletic dept, but are probably only getting a few pieces of the puzzle. I take it as a good sign he hasn't hired someone already. I think he has his sites on someone and if it were an IU guy he could have hired him a week ago. Maybe I am wrong...none of us know for sure...but I think good things will come to those who wait. Like the late great Tom Petty said...Waiting is the hardest part.

Yeah like you said if it was an IU guy I would think he would have been announced by now, no reason to wait. Even if it was Lewis they could say he will be taking over the IU job once UCLA loses.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Yeah like you said if it was an IU guy I would think he would have been announced by now, no reason to wait. Even if it was Lewis they could say he will be taking over the IU job once UCLA loses.

Even if Dolson gets rejected by a big name or two...the worst thing to happen would be for him to panic and hire someone quick out of desperation. Him doing his due diligence and being thorough is what will give IU the best chance to land a "homerun." 16 coaches are still unavailable to formally interview. Glass hired Archie after 11-12 days if I remember correctly and we know how that turned out.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I would even say if it was Lewis you would want that out there while UCLA is on television to promote him to recruits/transfers watching. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I would even say if it was Lewis you would want that out there while UCLA is on television to promote him to recruits/transfers watching. 

Yeah I don't think UCLA would appreciate that. And Lewis isn't classless 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I can’t believe how crappy of a program you think we are. You must think Evansville is better than IU.

No I don't.  We're a top 10 program easily maybe top 5.  But I was on record saying that our AD hire when Fred left was the anyone but Dolson hire.  I think Kraft would've been infinitely better.   But Scott definitely has a chance to get this right.  We'll see.  I hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by dbmhoosier

8 minutes ago, ephul said:

It's a distraction, good or bad... regardless how the players perceive it

I don't think it would be that big of a distraction. The players would probably be happy for him, the chance to be head coach where he played.

I guess it doesn't matter though because I doubt if IU is even considering him for head coach.

Edited by Hoosier51

2 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

So, how’s the noon press conference somebody made up coming along?  

Comedy.  That said, I truly dig Dolson’s approach.  Nobody knows didly.  

Reminds me of that old preacher who gave a date for the end of the world and convinced a bunch of people to sell all their worldly goods and prepare for the rapture.

You're right.  No one knows the answer here either.  At least the old preacher was man enough to apologize afterwards.

24 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Reminds me of that old preacher who gave a date for the end of the world and convinced a bunch of people to sell all their worldly goods and prepare for the rapture.

You're right.  No one knows the answer here either.  At least the old preacher was man enough to apologize afterwards.

image.jpeg.05b4928c9244625af32c1faa801ad64a.jpegNever be specific 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Inequality said:

The longer this plays out the better if thinking IU is pulling from the NCAAT or NBA.

Fans may have less hair or even pick up a few bad habits in dealing with the anticipation but that’s ok.

I still have no reason to believe that the original plan set forth has changed.

Get outside and enjoy spring. It’s a beautiful day here in Bloomington.

By the way, women’s team plays a number one seed tonight. I think it said 6pm. I’m going to drop some ribeye on the grill and pop open a Corona n Lime and watch those Hoosiers make history. Can you imagine how excited snowling would be right now. Let’s go!

Only thing I will say about waiting:  I don’t think IU can wait until the end of the NBA season if the coach came from there.  NCAA, yes, but NBA coach needs to be in place sooner as half the team is in the portal and players the new coach may want to get are getting openly recruited now and will get taken off the board in the coming months.  I don’t think, be it NCAA or NBA that they can wait to announce a coach much past the end of the tournament.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Only thing I will say about waiting:  I don’t think IU can wait until the end of the NBA season if the coach came from there.  NCAA, yes, but NBA coach needs to be in place sooner as half the team is in the portal and players the new coach may want to get are getting openly recruited now and will get taken off the board in the coming months.  I don’t think, be it NCAA or NBA that they can wait to announce a coach much past the end of the tournament.

If you are in a position where Stevens says "I'll give you an answer at the end of the NBA season,, you hire Beilein as an emergency stopgap.  If Stevens says no, you roll with Beielin.  If Stevens says yes, well you think of something to satisfy Beilein.  

• Like 1