Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I haven't read this whole thread, but when did we move past the idea that Drew gives Cal a run for his money for dirtiest coach in the game? The board doesn't care about that anymore?

I said if his back ground checked out then I am fine but if it doesn't I would pass

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

There is no way of anyone knowing the answer to that.  It seems like fans are emailing Dolson and the BOT.  Also there have been more articles written and people on podcast are calling for Archie to be let go.

I realize it is very tight lipped, as should be. This just seems eerily similar to right be Crean was let go. The only problem was Glass held onto Crean WAY to long. I just hope this new “Boss” handles situations like this much differently.

I felt Glass was soft and his heart got in the way. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I haven't read this whole thread, but when did we move past the idea that Drew gives Cal a run for his money for dirtiest coach in the game? The board doesn't care about that anymore?

I’ve read a couple of articles that Drew rubbed some opposing coaches the wrong way and they thought there’s no way he could bring good recruits to Baylor without being dirty. The NCAA spent a year at Baylor and just found the excessive texts and phone calls which he was punished for. He hasn’t had any rumblings of being dirty since 2012 when he was punished for the calls.

22 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

It’s hilarious to me that almost every potential replacement gets questioned for vague allegations of being “dirty,” but everyone just turns a blind eye to the fact that Archie was the top recruiter for his known scumbag brother at Arizona.

News Flash: EVERY COACH IS A CHEATING SCUMBAG.

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I realize it is very tight lipped, as should be. This just seems eerily similar to right be Crean was let go. The only problem was Glass held onto Crean WAY to long. I just hope this new “Boss” handles situations like this much differently.

I felt Glass was soft and his heart got in the way. 

I think we will get a good sense of how Dolson operates after seeing how he handles this situation. I've read on here some calling him a "Yes Man" so we shall see. I wonder if he will want to bring in his own guy...but I have no idea what Dolson thinks of Archie or even how their relationship is.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

I think we will get a good sense of how Dolson operates after seeing how he handles this situation. I've read on here some calling him a "Yes Man" so we shall see. I wonder if he will want to bring in his own guy...but I have no idea what Dolson thinks of Archie or even how their relationship is.

That’s my concern....

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

My old roommate from IU told me yesterday that Scott Drew was Sampson 2.0. I don’t know how accurate that still is. 

Well as long as the intern no longer works in the IU compliance department. It was probably Dolson, though... :coffee:

But before Sampson's second season with the Hoosiers, an intern in the IU compliance office discovered Sampson had violated the restrictions placed on him for the Oklahoma mishap.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/02/28/scott-drew-baylor-basketball

Another article from last year about Drew. I think the more I read about him the better fit he seems. Sounds like he’s someone that could handle all of the outside of basketball things the coach at IU needs to deal with that it doesn’t seem like Archie necessarily enjoys.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Realistically....Have there been ANY grumblings, talks or discussions between Dolson and trustees/donors? Dolson’s email and phone has got to be burning up. We all know many IU fans have sent the personal emails to to him. 

If there hasn't been, even to show support, Dolson isn't a very good AD and the BOT doesnt care.

Archived