Potential replacement coaches

9 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Why not just take that roster with him and add to what Arizona has? Nobody sits out.

I don’t think he goes, but if he can get specific players to come with him, roster is not the reason to stay.

I can't speak to most of the players that will be on Purdue's team next season, but I am pretty confident that at least one of them would not go to Arizona due to family considerations.  And, I expect there are many others that would be reluctant to do that for a variety of reasons (family, major, girlfriend, etc.).

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Besides one championship what does Arizona basketball brings that PU doesn't.  PU had won more big ten championships than any program and Painter is from Indiana.

So he's going to go a program that's going to most likely get hammered by the NCAA? That would be odd to say the least. These scenarios are pretty over the top. Maybe RMK comes out of retirement for one more go at it with Fife, Roberts, Lewis, and Calbert as his assistants? Guyton can be his shooting coach. Let's not leave out Isiah or Woodson either. All IU guys with BB's greatest coach coming out of retirement. 

Just now, Bustout said:

I saw it on Twitter - CoachingChanges account.  They are actually pretty solid. 

Yeah at times. They also tweeted about Archie cheating and I put that on here and got blasted. Sometimes there right and sometimes they're very off. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

I can't speak to most of the players that will be on Purdue's team next season, but I am pretty confident that at least one of them would not go to Arizona due to family considerations.  And, I expect there are many others that would be reluctant to do that for a variety of reasons (family, major, girlfriend, etc.).

Maybe he wouldn't go to Turdue though 😁

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Besides one championship what does Arizona basketball brings that PU doesn't.  PU had won more big ten championships than any program and Painter is from Indiana.

It’s absolutely hilarious that IU fans would put the Arizona job below the Purdue job.

No body cares about B10 titles except people in the mid west lol

Hell, the Arizona job might be as good as the IU job. 

28 minutes ago, JugRox said:

Why not just take that roster with him and add to what Arizona has? Nobody sits out.

I don’t think he goes, but if he can get specific players to come with him, roster is not the reason to stay.

You say this like it would be easy to talk everyone into uprooting and moving across the country....

Just now, KoB2011 said:

You say this like it would be easy to talk everyone into uprooting and moving across the country....

College kids going from one campus to another? lol yeah...

And not the entire team.

and I said I don’t think he is going, Jesus lol

2 minutes ago, JugRox said:

It’s absolutely hilarious that IU fans would put the Arizona job below the Purdue job.

For Matt Painter it is and that is what we are talking about

2 minutes ago, JugRox said:

College kids going from one campus to another? lol yeah...

And not the entire team.

and I said I don’t think he is going, Jesus lol

Right.... the notion he could get any sizable portion of the roster to follow him as silly. 

I doubt Painter is many if any of those kids favorite thing about their current life situation to where they'd follow him across the country. They are teammates, they have lives outside of basketball, they have majors.... There is so much more to consider than just who the head coach is when talking about transferring. 

4 minutes ago, JugRox said:

You're not focusing on the actual situation.  

If I was unemployed and personally offered both jobs today, I would take Arizona.  No question.  Sign me up.

However, if I was currently the coach at Purdue, Purdue was my alma mater, and I had a Final Four quality roster in place for next year, I'm staying at Purdue.  You don't simply turn down the chance to go to a Final Four for what may be a complete rebuild with sanctions thrown in, especially when you are having success at your Alma Mater.  

44 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah at times. They also tweeted about Archie cheating and I put that on here and got blasted. Sometimes there right and sometimes they're very off. 

Yeah. That was odd.   I also don’t understand why they are linking Shaka to a few open jobs now - unless he wants to capitalize on a good season there and really wants out.     

Either way - selling a person in their 50s at multimillions a year to live in Arizona isn’t exactly a bad gig in a weak conference.  

Just now, Bustout said:

Yeah. That was odd.   I also don’t understand why they are linking Shaka to a few open jobs now - unless he wants to capitalize on a good season there and really wants out.     

Either way - selling a person in their 50s at multimillions a year to live in Arizona isn’t exactly a bad gig in a weak conference.  

YARN | Yeah, I heard you the first time. Winner to the king. Five hundred  dollars. | Tombstone (1993) Drama | Video clips by quotes | d708f6b8 | 紗

Archived