Rutgers Pre Game Thread

KDB

8 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

In his final sentence...

"Rutgers is on the skids again, losing three of four games and really struggling to shoot from the outside. They are just 18-for-81 from three in their last four games, just 22.2 percent. '

He kinda leaves out that in losing 3 of the last 4 those loses were @Iowa, @Michigan, and at home to a decent Maryland (who has the length to guard them) team with a win over Northwestern sandwiched in between...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In his final sentence...

"Rutgers is on the skids again, losing three of four games and really struggling to shoot from the outside. They are just 18-for-81 from three in their last four games, just 22.2 percent. '

He kinda leaves out that in losing 3 of the last 4 those loses were @Iowa, @Michigan, and at home to a decent Maryland (who has the length to guard them) team with a win over Northwestern sandwiched in between...

Well they were on a 5 game losing streak coming into our last game and we saw what happened in that game.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well they were on a 5 game losing streak coming into our last game and we saw what happened in that game.

I'm aware...

Just saying 2 of those 3 loses were to top B1G teams...

The other one (vs Maryland) had Mathis and Young taking 24 shots (hit 9 of them 2-9 from 3) and Harper only taking 6 shots the whole game...That was one of the big issues in the 5 game losing streak you mentioned, although even then they were beaten by OSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa (along with MSU and PSU)...

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The most important game in Archie Miller's IU coaching career.  

If it is I think it will be a nail in the coffin. We couldn't beat them at home and we sure as heck can't beat them on the road. Our guards (not Franklin) are terrible. I hope I am wrong but this team has no upside and Archie is not the coach I thought he would be. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The most important game in Archie Miller's IU coaching career.  

Thus far... You’ll probably be able to say that about every game from here on out.  The trip to West Lafayette in a couple weeks with a tournament bid likely on the line is going to be a doozy. 

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

If it is I think it will be a nail in the coffin. We couldn't beat them at home and we sure as heck can't beat them on the road. Our guards (not Franklin) are terrible. I hope I am wrong but this team has no upside and Archie is not the coach I thought he would be. 

i tend to agree, but we have almost been better on the road and rutgers is very unpredictable.  

13 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Sunshine and rainbows:

underdog Hoosiers pull together and escape with 3 point win as Hunter as step-in starter scores 20 and grabs 8 rebounds. 

Maybe.  I have noticed over the years in college basketball that when a team loses a key cog to an injury, they seem to play inspired that first game without him.   

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Maybe.  I have noticed over the years in college basketball that when a team loses a key cog to an injury, they seem to play inspired that first game without him.   

And that's the question in my mind right now...Sure, we'll be outmanned upfront...But what will be the mindset of the players? 

If we're collectively still thinking about the loss of one of our leaders, the road will be even tougher...

1 hour ago, Fundamentals said:

Sunshine and rainbows:

underdog Hoosiers pull together and escape with 3 point win as Hunter as step-in starter scores 20 and grabs 8 rebounds. 

If Race is out, Jerome would seem to be the prime beneficiary. Love to see what he does with extended minutes.  Then Geronimo to back up both TJD and JH.

Archived