Potential Race Thompson injury

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

For the record I haven’t heard anything about a fight, just the injury.  Could’ve been a fight though, it’s not like they are that out of the ordinary.

Thanks for confirming.   A fight that broke Races nose and/or orbital bone would be a little more than a practice scrap.    

or he definitely just tripped in the hotel like Scott said 😉

10 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

No way it was a brick, it was an airball.

Man when that kids shoots and air ball it dont even draw glass. How is that possible.........

20 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

This thread is a cesspool of misinformation.  So sad to see IU basketball where it is.  Come on here to catch up and have to put up with this BS.  Then there's the 2500 posts on fire Archie thread along with the new coach thread.  What a counter productive cesspool.

What do you mean misinformation?  Is this Race thing made up??? 

I sure hope it is.  

30 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

This thread is a cesspool of misinformation.  So sad to see IU basketball where it is.  Come on here to catch up and have to put up with this BS.  Then there's the 2500 posts on fire Archie thread along with the new coach thread.  What a counter productive cesspool.

What types of threads should we see right now?

39 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Those threads contain level-headed, reasonable discussion. Just because you don't like the content doesn't make it a cesspool. 

Purdue's Rivals board is a cesspool. 

Maybe he has a girlfriend he was teaching self defense to?

True story, a few years ago I was training my wife in self defense.  She asked if I thought she could hit hard. So I told her to punch me in the face as hard as she could.  Well, it didn't break my nose, but I got a bloody nose and 2 black eyes. She hits hard BTW.  

So maybe he was just roughhousing or doing the dumb stuff college kids do. Lord knows I did it. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Those threads contain level-headed, reasonable discussion. Just because you don't like the content doesn't make it a cesspool.

That's a debatable point. There are plenty of folks in there who aren't remotely reasonable; the people who twist reality to make it worse than it is aren't reasonable. 

There's enough bad for most of us to have a reasonable discussion about next steps without twisting things to make it worse. You hurt your cause when you do that. 

i have no idea how he got the broken nose, but even if it was a fight with a teammate, that can be looked at different ways.  i have never been one in the camp of it happens and it's competitiveness, etc., but i have heard that argument and in some cases, it's probably right.  for instance if a guy is going hard and another is not and it gets a little too rough and a guy gets mad and pushes his teammate and the teammate pushes back, and a punch is thrown.  good?  i don't think so, but competitive fire that might get things going?  i don't know.  maybe.  when it results in a broken nose, i guess it can't be good.  now again, not saying that's what happened.  just sayin.  ugh.  

Archived