Coaches that made poor career moves.

rico

I think we have discussed this before but I will resurrect it because of recent discussion in another thread.  In that one, Prohm was brought up.  Of course the jury is still out on him.  But what are some others that come to mind.

Off the top of my head:

Dan Monson-left Gonzaga for Minnesota

Bill Frieder-left Michigan for Arizona St.

Todd Lickliter-left Butler for Iowa

I could go on....anyone else?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Trying go off the top of my head but it is hard because people who fail are forgotten quickly.  I think Stan Heath left Kent St for Arkansas after 1 year.  He made the elite 8 and winning 30 games

Forgot about that one.  

It is a slippery slope for a mid major coach to know when is the right time to leave or stay.  You have seen both cases where a coach leaves for the first bigger job but it is for a place that is hard to win like OSU or Clemson.  Also I have seen some mid major coach stays to long then stagnates at that school then don't get anymore chances.  You see guys like McKillop and Byrd stay at their schools and succeed at that level.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I think we have discussed this before but I will resurrect it because of recent discussion in another thread.  In that one, Prohm was brought up.  Of course the jury is still out on him.  But what are some others that come to mind.

Off the top of my head:

Dan Monson-left Gonzaga for Minnesota

Bill Frieder-left Michigan for Arizona St.

Todd Lickliter-left Butler for Iowa

I could go on....anyone else?

Shelly Long and Diamond Dave... oh wait nevermind...

Archived