Denzel Moore 2023

Hoosierfan1901

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I didnt see the lateral quickness in his film, but he's only a SO though.  

Usually kids this size, this early as destined for the DL. I could be wrong though. 

It's a big time start. 

I trust your judgment on that over mine.  A dynamic pass rusher would make thia defense even better. Really excited about this commitment!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, btownqb said:

Truthfully.. would not be surprised if the last kid we just had commit in 2022 was the driving force behind this. And Tandy as well. 

Part of it. 

Not to mention seeing IU getting strong consideration from other highly rated 2022 DE's. Probably felt he was being recruited over. 

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

When I saw he had other visits lined up, I knew this wasn’t going to end well, wish him the best of luck and hopefully he recommits after a year or 2 

All of these kids should be taking all of their visits regardless of their commitment to IU.

Please Coach Allen no more taking commits 2 years out, no matter what the kid says. Hard enough keeping these kids focused for 6 months. With the portal if they aren't 4 or 5 star high school players i might just fish in the portal every year. Save a ton of time, money and headaches recruiting H.S. kids and their families.

15 hours ago, Indykev said:

Please Coach Allen no more taking commits 2 years out, no matter what the kid says. Hard enough keeping these kids focused for 6 months. With the portal if they aren't 4 or 5 star high school players i might just fish in the portal every year. Save a ton of time, money and headaches recruiting H.S. kids and their families.

Fairly confusing stance. I always wanted the prettiest girl at the dance, the idea of getting turned down was well worth the risk. Getting top players to commit early is huge. Daeh is going to do a ton of recruiting for us.

We have a very high success rate of keeping commitments. Aubrey from last recruiting cycle de-committed, haven't had one in 2022 de-commit and then now Moore. You can't just say "oh wait you're only at the end of your SO year, we can't take your commitment."

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, DC2345 said:

Not to mention seeing IU getting strong consideration from other highly rated 2022 DE's. Probably felt he was being recruited over. 

I would say this and the couple others we have picked up has a lot to do with his de-commit. Maybe he thinks since IU is a football school now they will recruit over him for higher rated players and that since the Toiletmakers are just a step above a mid-major in football he has a chance for more playing time there and he will pick them. 😀 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1