Rutgers Game Thread

Hoosierfan1901

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

I do thank the team for giving me 8 minutes of basketball that made me feel like we can compete...with a juggernaut like Rutgers.  Then reality kicked in.  SSDD.

The fast start was more to Rutgers playing poorly than us playing really well 

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

This team can't walk and chew gum too well.  We used to not start off games well and spent the whole game fighting and clawing. We fix that problem, but it pops up as we can't keep a lead. It's like this team needs a part of their game to be flawed.

Trayce took exception with it a week or so ago but Fish mentioned it on one of the Indy talk shows this past week again...this team is soft.  Not physically soft, but mentally soft.  They hang their heads when things don't go well and they get too lackadaisical when things do go well.  I think that is a big part of the lack of consistency within games and also from game to game.  They are consistently inconsistent.

Not sure how you fix that, but if Miller had a reputation for being a bulldog, the team he developed is a cute little puppy.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Play the startersOnce again get off to a great start and sub 2 guys at the first timeout.  Why the hell can't a player today play the whole half.  You only should sub if you have foul trouble 

I don’t know if you’ve read through the whole game thread, but at the first timeout after our great start I said your head would explode if we subbed. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I don’t know if you’ve read through the whole game thread, but at the first timeout after our great start I said your head would explode if we subbed. 

No my brother and his family was over for dinner and was watching the game on not on the game thread

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Trayce took exception with it a week or so ago but Fish mentioned it on one of the Indy talk shows this past week again...this team is soft.  Not physically soft, but mentally soft.  They hang their heads when things don't go well and they get too lackadaisical when things do go well.  I think that is a big part of the lack of consistency within games and also from game to game.  They are consistently inconsistent.

Not sure how you fix that, but if Miller had a reputation for being a bulldog, the team he developed is a cute little puppy.

Disagree vehemently with this sentiment. This team has toughed out several close, late games. Even when they lose in OT, they often take a punch and get right back up. 

Archived