Rutgers Postgame

Hoosierfan1901

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Very reminiscent of Crean's last year. The only way I see Archie surviving at this point is pulling in about 3-4 guys off the transfer market. The point guard position is a complete disaster at this point. 

Shouldn’t even get the opportunity to get transfers. Get a coach in here that can win and let him get his players in. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No way we win another game this year including the BTT so that will be a 12-15 record and no way he better be back.  If there is not a change then there will be a lot of empty seats in AH if they allow fans next year.

It looks like they'll probably be playing day 1 of the BTT so they could win another. By that point it would be a pointless win.

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Shouldn’t even get the opportunity to get transfers. Get a coach in here that can win and let him get his players in. 

Given how IU's admin operates, I'd still anticipate Archie being back. If he is, there needs to be big changes to the roster. You cannot go into next year with the current point guard situation. 

I can't see how there is one IU fan out there that think Archie needs another year,  I pray some great coach falls out of the sky right in our laps that we can hire.  I don't want to go through another up and coming mid major coach.  I am not sold on Oates yet and not a fan of Musselman so I really don't know where to go.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I can't see how there is one IU fan out there that think Archie needs another year,  I pray some great coach falls out of the sky right in our laps that we can hire.  I don't want to go through another up and coming mid major coach.  I am not sold on Oates yet and not a fan of Musselman so I really don't know where to go.

That's the rub, there isn't a real clear cut target out there. Every realistically available coach has big question marks. 

If we finish the season playing like we did tonight, I'm not sure Archie gets a fifth year. He's going to lose the entirety of the fan base. He pretty much already has.

I have been just about as optimistic as you could be throughout this season, but it's just not working.

I like Archie, but tonight has really drained me of any optimism I had left.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

That's the rub, there isn't a real clear cut target out there. Every realistically available coach has big question marks. 

Can't be worse than this.  I don't care how old he is I would make a run at Beilein because he is the best one out there.  Also if Matta is healthy and wants to come back them bring him in.  You could go and give Stevens 12 million a year LOL!  If not them then go with an IU guy to see if they can bring back the IU culture and style of basketball

Ok, if they don't fire the DA we will never get there! We start out GREAT the the subbing starts. What the hell, he's just stupid. I heard the great John Wooden speak at clinic, HE said NEVER play more than 7 players! He had depth like you have never seen, played SEVEN!! This guy plays everybody! Watching recorded game, we're up 23 -11. 7:49 left in first half. No TJD, NO FRANKLIN, no PHINISSE Sorry fornthe rant I just get pissed! Why does this guy think he knows more than John Wooden! I would.be happy to give him my copy of "Modern Practical Basketball" by Wooden. Bet he's never read it!

1 minute ago, Let said:

Ok, if they don't fire the DA we will never get there! We start out GREAT the the subbing starts. What the hell, he's just stupid. I heard the great John Wooden speak at clinic, HE said NEVER play more than 7 players! He had depth like you have never seen, played SEVEN!! This guy plays everybody! Watching recorded game, we're up 23 -11. 7:49 left in first half. No TJD, NO FRANKLIN, no PHINISSE Sorry fornthe rant I just get pissed! Why does this guy think he knows more than John Wooden! I would.be happy to give him my copy of "Modern Practical Basketball" by Wooden. Bet he's never read it!

Who is DA

I agree about subbing but it is just not Archie but most of the coaches play 9-10 players.  I have seen Izzo every game sub 2 or 3 at the first timeout even when they start the game good.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

There are probably plenty that we dont know at this time. A good search can find some candidates.   Good Lord, IU gave CAM big $ and SEVEN years, and the experts thougt he was great.   Why give a newbie a long contract ?!

Archived