Rutgers Postgame

Hoosierfan1901

I am not so sure why all the doom and gloom after last night's game. It's been that way for almost 4 years. Nothing has changed. I am never in hopes of someone getting fired but he has been in over his head from day 1.  

The definition of apathy is choosing to watch 2 episodes of my 600 pound life instead of Indiana basketball.  Based on the comments I know which was more entertaining and which one actually displayed people making an effort. 

I'm not sure why anyone has expected anything different than what they saw. I know this is just ramble from a jaded lover right!!  He will go down in history as the worst coach in the history of Indiana University men's basketball.  

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

But but but it's a great conference so we have improved just ask all those guys that keep telling us that. 

It is pretty sad when you think about it. Five straight years without going to the tournament. This experiment has been a total failure and if something isn't done fast it will take another five years to recover.

We don't deserve to be in the tournament and I hate to say it but I hope we don't get in. I don't want to see us embarrass ourselves on national television. We would be better off to stay home and not show everyone just how pathetic and inept we are. 

Archie needs to be fired sooner rather than later!

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

But but but it's a great conference so we have improved just ask all those guys that keep telling us that. 

Oh and don't forget once all of Crean's guys are gone and Archie gets his guys it'll get better. Oh and he needs his teams to get old remember and then IU will be better. Oh and once Green and Smith are gone it'll get better because they were destroying the locker room remember. Let's not forget that the assistant coaches like Schilling and Flint don't do anything so they need to go and then it'll get better. It's a joke and it's the same story every year since he's gotten to IU with a different excuse, player, or coach to throw under the bus to try and explain the struggles. Yet the only constants have been Archie and Ostrom. 

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

It is pretty sad when you think about it. Five straight years without going to the tournament. This experiment has been a total failure and if something isn't done fast it will take another five years to recover.

We don't deserve to be in the tournament and I hate to say it but I hope we don't get in. I don't want to see us embarrass ourselves on national television. We would be better off to stay home and not show everyone just how pathetic and inept we are. 

If i were Archie I would beg Dolson to put me out of my misery. If he thinks things are bad now wait until this time next year. What Crean went through will be childs play in comparison.  Any fans in the hall will make life miserable. 

It sure seems like our young team has packed it in.  Much like the last few years, our nice guy players retreat when teams bring them a fight.  Was especially true last night when Rutgers' men curb-stomped our boys.   I'm sure the stresses of Covid protocols have taken a toll on many teams' mental health.  Why are so many solid programs-- with better talent than IU- struggling?  Heck, I'm tired of this Covid reality and I don't have to endure the daily challenges all the NCAA players do.    When I frame this season in the very real backdrop of this pandemic-- its hard for me to get as worked up as some of our fanbase.  Of course, many of the questions about the team and staff are legit concerns.  (roster construction, player development, softness, etc)     I just think everyone gets a pass this year, including Archie.  Been a difficult year... with loved ones lost to this virus.  I'm just happy we get to watch games and pretend this is somehow important.  That is all.  I'll watch on Saturday, but I agree it will likely be another ugly performance. 

9 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Spent some time with family tonight. Set the DVR. Checked the phone at 23-11. Okay cool! By the time I got home, 31-35 at halftime. Oh, yeah. Seems about right. Watched the entire 2nd half. Like, what am I even watching. In a game where we need to be fighting tooth and nail every possession, we just roll over and get dunked on repeatedly.

At least the hour special on the 1985 team trip overseas gave me some quality IU basketball entertainment to end the evening.

that was very cool.  great remembering those teams/times

Turning point in the game: +/- 10 minutes in the first half. IU up +/-12 points. Our lineup on the floor was KL, AL, TG, JH, and RT. 

Jacob Young punked our guards last night more so than usual.

Al, Jerome, and TJD came out showing teeth. they bit back. we wimpered and hid in the corner the rest of the game.

RP is so lost mentally. 

24 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I'll even go beyond that. Go back to the start of Crean's tenure. What is that 12 or 13 seasons combined between Crean and Archie and we've had 2.5 seasons (the second half of Yogi's senior year) of exciting basketball and teams you could enjoy watching and feel excited about. 

2.5 years out of 12-13 seasons. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'll even go beyond that. Go back to the start of Crean's tenure. What is that 12 or 13 seasons combined between Crean and Archie and we've had 2.5 seasons (the second half of Yogi's senior year) of exciting basketball and teams you could enjoy watching and feel excited about. 

2.5 years out of 12-13 seasons. 

Our best shot is to hope that the Celts lose all the rest of their games!

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If i were Archie I would beg Dolson to put me out of my misery. If he thinks things are bad now wait until this time next year. What Crean went through will be childs play in comparison.  Any fans in the hall will make life miserable. 

This has been slowly spinning out of control for some time....the kind of stuff where we start seeing decommits and player transfers......

7 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Our best shot is to hope that the Celts lose all the rest of their games!

It's not even that. IU needs the Jayson Tatum to go all it's me or Brad on the Celtics and then there will be other NBA teams and colleges lining up to make an offer. Not to mention the timing with the end of the NBA season will be an issue too. 

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i keep thinking he'll get next year no matter what, but 12-15 and 10th in the B1G along with if he truly has lost the team?  if a coach really loses a team, it has to be done as soon as possible.  that's not recoverable.  

Unless it's all about the money.....Next year's contract buyout is 10 million, the following year is 3 million....Who knows.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not so sure why all the doom and gloom after last night's game. It's been that way for almost 4 years. Nothing has changed. I am never in hopes of someone getting fired but he has been in over his head from day 1.  

The definition of apathy is choosing to watch 2 episodes of my 600 pound life instead of Indiana basketball.  Based on the comments I know which was more entertaining and which one actually displayed people making an effort. 

I'm not sure why anyone has expected anything different than what they saw. I know this is just ramble from a jaded lover right!!  He will go down in history as the worst coach in the history of Indiana University men's basketball.  

i get your point for sure.  personally this one felt a little different for me for some reason.  i felt like everyone gave up.  players and coaches.  i doubted we could win enough the rest of the way to make the tourney, but thought there was a sliver of hope.  of course it is still mathematically possible, but now it seems like as sure of a thing as it can be.

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i get your point for sure.  personally this one felt a little different for me for some reason.  i felt like everyone gave up.  players and coaches.  i doubted we could win enough the rest of the way to make the tourney, but thought there was a sliver of hope.  of course it is still mathematically possible, but now it seems like as sure of a thing as it can be.

I know. I just wanted to be a little sarcastic since for 3 years I  have been saying what others are now coming around to say. The best argument was I was bitter because I lost availability to program with CAM. I still believe I just look at things objectively and just never saw from CAM what was needed

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know. I just wanted to be a little sarcastic since all year I have been saying what others are now coming around to say. The best argument was I was bitter because I lost availability to program with CAM. I still believe I just look at things objectively and just never saw from CAM what was needed

yep.  i totally get you point and perspective.  along those lines, all i said weeks ago was that i did not think we would make the tourney and that next year isn't a whole lot more promising and i got attacked by a couple aggressive posters.  since then, one of those posters has become much more negatively aggressive than i am!

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I can promise you last night was not just the same ole, same ole from the last four years. It was BAD. 

Archived