Reggie Miller for the next IU coach

Madison22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I agree, very few things are sure fire.  But NBA player, NBA coach, Fab Five...  He appeals to the kids and their parents who watched him in college

I don't think it had to do with anything about him being in the NBA.  He also brought in Phil Martello to help him on becoming a college coach.  I have seen so many guys like Howard fail big-time so I would first look at college coaches.

Reggie would resign 15 minutes into his first practice after seeing.

• Brick after brick at the free throw line
  • Air balls, side of backboards, and rim wedgies from three point range.
  • Dribble, dribble, dribble, handoff.   Dribble, dribble, dribble, handoff.  

That said, although I would stop well short of taking Reggie over Stevens, it is an intriguing outside of the box suggestion.  It would be a high risk, high reward options.  The smartest hire ever, or one of the worst.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Reggie would resign 15 minutes into his first practice after seeing.

• Brick after brick at the free throw line
  • Air balls, side of backboards, and rim wedgies from three point range.
  • Dribble, dribble, dribble, handoff.   Dribble, dribble, dribble, handoff.  

That said, although I would stop well short of taking Reggie over Stevens, it is an intriguing outside of the box suggestion.  It would be a high risk, high reward options.  The smartest hire ever, or one of the worst.  

At least it’s a new name lol

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Nah, if you go that route, go big and beat UNC by hiring Michael Jordan.  What kid is going to say no to the GOAT?  Knight coached him in the Olympics so ties to the program right there.  And Nike would be sending him the best players money could buy....er....I mean best players they could convince to join his Airness.

MJ+IU=6, 7, 8, 9 Championships.  Get it done Dolson.

(And before anyone takes this seriously, this was posted with tongue firmly in cheek.)

MJ won't even need to coach them. He'll get 7 5 star kids every year. And when they get to the NBA after one and done,  Jordan Brand will sign them up. Talk about a one stop shop total package.

I like this thread as an “outside the box” thread. I like Reggie, and I would propose “Big Smooth”  as an assistant with Dale Davis to get TJD to stay, but here are some other ideas with indirect ties to Indiana:

Larry Bird? - better player and coach than Reggie. Think of it- “I came to finish what I started in 1974.”

Peyton Manning- Run out of this state too soon, and loved by sports fans all over, his work ethic and the challenge of doing something new may just woo him to a new venture. And think of the cross promotion possibilities!!

Don Fischer- A little too old, but no better Legend and representative of what IU basketball is and has always been about. Even now, as dark as it is, I’ll turn 1450 am on just to have hope. 

John Mellencamp- deep pockets, maybe could help with the buyout,  big fan, and has seen a lot of games. Just don’t bring Meg Ryan back to SSAH... scary 

Archived