Rick Bozich Story On Archie

5fouls

Not sure if someone already linked this in one of the other threads, but thought it could stand on its own.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-at-indiana-the-question-has-shifted-from-ncaa-tournament-to-archie-millers-future/article_f1605718-7789-11eb-b312-7b394b42baa9.html?fbclid=IwAR0Du765WL6VKvW-CcGORq4JNMbSGyDHDdRAfSo43myKotNBT-xgXetVwWs

This is the part of the story that really caught my eye.

And, after the 11-point loss to Rutgers Wednesday, Miller sounded like a coach who has lost his locker room.

He admitted his team was “fractured.” He used a lot of words that certainly sounded like a coach concerned his players had quit in the second half.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure if someone already linked this in one of the other threads, but thought it could stand on its own.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/bozich-at-indiana-the-question-has-shifted-from-ncaa-tournament-to-archie-millers-future/article_f1605718-7789-11eb-b312-7b394b42baa9.html?fbclid=IwAR0Du765WL6VKvW-CcGORq4JNMbSGyDHDdRAfSo43myKotNBT-xgXetVwWs

This is the part of the story that really caught my eye.

And, after the 11-point loss to Rutgers Wednesday, Miller sounded like a coach who has lost his locker room.

He admitted his team was “fractured.” He used a lot of words that certainly sounded like a coach concerned his players had quit in the second half.

I posted it somewhere but there are s many threads I lose track

I seriously question Archie's leadership. In his 4 seasons at IU, his teams never had good chemistry or floor leadership. I thought this year's team would finally be the first one. Maybe players get along pretty well, but the problem lies in the relationship with Archie. We won't know for sure, but what I saw in this short footage was an embarrassment. 

This article is not wrong and although I get that buyout is huge it’s time for a change. Dolson needs to act swiftly. Archie is not a B1G coach. The experiment is over. He checked all the boxes coming in but has been a bust. The fan base is apathetic. The sleeping giant that was IU is about to hibernate for good. 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Thanks for the link.  I had not seen the story.

I liked the mention of "apathy" in the article.  I think we are all used to losing with this regime.

Sad but true. We know the outcome before the game starts.

I had the exact same feelings at the end of the Crean era. I never in a million years thought I would experience it again in my lifetime. I am sick of losing and sick of the excuses. 

11 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Sad but true. We know the outcome before the game starts.

I had the exact same feelings at the end of the Crean era. I never in a million years thought I would experience it again in my lifetime. I am sick of losing and sick of the excuses. 

Things haven't been right in my "fandom" for quite some time.  Apathy has set in.

7 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

I seriously question Archie's leadership. In his 4 seasons at IU, his teams never had good chemistry or floor leadership. I thought this year's team would finally be the first one. Maybe players get along pretty well, but the problem lies in the relationship with Archie. We won't know for sure, but what I saw in this short footage was an embarrassment. 

People ask him to show accountability, he does, and now it's an "embarrassment"? 

If you have a team and there's never been a conflict, you really don't have a team...You have individuals working along side each other...

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a coach.  But, during a game, if I think my team has quit on me, I'm going to be looking down that bench for players that haven't.  Heck, even if that means I'm only playing with 4.  That might get their attention.

On the basketball side of things I am a big Izzo fan, the whining and other issues I can do without but he knows how to handle his team. Everyone was on him about him blowing up on Henry. Henry said it was deserved and best thing for him. Before game with IU tells team emphatically that they are playing for their spot on the team. He is not afraid to shake things up. CAM rolls the same 5 out every night same sub pattern.

My father in law hates IU but watches every game and hates it for me that they suck but he questioned me all day yesterday about why he subs everything we get on a roll. He reminds me after every game that CAM is far worse that Crean.  He also said something that I had not thought of. Over the course of the year there have been several runs we are on that get stopped because CAM subs in. He said it's just like the opposing coach calling TO to stop momentum but it's self inflicted. 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On the basketball side of things I am a big Izzo fan, the whining and other issues I can do without but he knows how to handle his team. Everyone was on him about him blowing up on Henry. Henry said it was deserved and best thing for him. Before game with IU tells team emphatically that they are playing for their spot on the team. He is not afraid to shake things up. CAM rolls the same 5 out every night same sub pattern.

My father in law hates IU but watches every game and hates it for me that they suck but he questioned me all day yesterday about why he subs everything we get on a roll. He reminds me after every game that CAM is far worse that Crean.  He also said something that I had not thought of. Over the course of the year there have been several runs we are on that get stopped because CAM subs in. He said it's just like the opposing coach calling TO to stop momentum but it's self inflicted. 

Your father in law is spot on with the substitutions.

7 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

That is another legit concern. When YOU recruit the players you’re not just assembling talent you’re finding “fits” physically, emotionally, chemistry wise etc. Now I get it, people change and all that. But I agree with you that we can’t say we’ve had good chemistry yet. Even Crean could build chemistry at times. We have poorly built teams in more ways than one.

Archived