Who ya pulling for in the NCAAT?

rico

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kinda shocked by many of our responses. 

We are not blue blood.

We may not even be red blood anymore.  You ever seen a dead body ooze on the floor after a week or 2?  Sadly I have and that's what this program and fan base has become.  We are cheering for our foes and rivals?  Is this a joke and everyone is playing along and I didn't see the coffee drinking emoji?

I'll cheer for the 14, 15, and 16 seeds only.  There used to be a time when our favorite team was IU and anybody that was playing UK, Purdue, etc etc.  I want them all to lose and be so demoralized in the process that their programs become a heaping pile of crap and their fan bases swim in it.  Then only Ivy League and HBCU's get all the top recruits besides IU.

To follow up my rant.  Has anyone considered the ramifications of Michigan winning it all?  Sure, a B1G team needs to win it all soon, very soon.  But we are talking dynasty ramifications for Michigan if they aren't stopped soon.  Sadly I don't see Howard getting exposed anytime soon.  He's way smarter than a Chris Weber timeout call, with no timeouts remaining.  

We need Iowa to out play McCafferys coaching.  I would survive MSU somehow getting UCONN hot just so Izzo would retire and go his whiney self away.  Shoot, while we are at it.  Let Ron Harper Jr win the darn thing.   The story would be about him and not the program.  

2 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

He honestly probably should leave given his age and the team around him.  His stock probably won’t be higher honestly.

You know what’s interesting? How damn old he is for a freshman lol. I thought I was old going into college (turned 19 the summer before I got to Purdue). Hunter is already 20!

25 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

To follow up my rant.  Has anyone considered the ramifications of Michigan winning it all?  Sure, a B1G team needs to win it all soon, very soon.  But we are talking dynasty ramifications for Michigan if they aren't stopped soon.  Sadly I don't see Howard getting exposed anytime soon.  He's way smarter than a Chris Weber timeout call, with no timeouts remaining.  

We need Iowa to out play McCafferys coaching.  I would survive MSU somehow getting UCONN hot just so Izzo would retire and go his whiney self away.  Shoot, while we are at it.  Let Ron Harper Jr win the darn thing.   The story would be about him and not the program.  

I still think his heart is in the NBA, wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves in a year or 2 for the league

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't see Howard staying at UM long term because I see him being a HC in the NBA within 5 years.

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You know what’s interesting? How damn old he is for a freshman lol. I thought I was old going into college (turned 19 the summer before I got to Purdue). Hunter is already 20!

I heard a caller the other day say that Trevian Williams is only 1 month older than Dickinson.  Not sure if true but that's what was said

Won't be pulling for any Big 10 teams. Never do. The whole conference showed their colors of jealousy when we hired/fired Sampson and early years of Crean. All of them took their shots at us. For that I won't ever cheer for a Big 10 team and actually cheer for them to lose.

To answer the thread question. I cheer for stories come tourney time. Can be a team or a player...but I won't know until it happens.

In a year where so many blue bloods are having down years and the entire tournament is played in the Midwest, it would be a shame if the Big 10 didn't dominate.  It has been far too long since a Big 10 team won the championship and it could only boost the conference overall if the Big 10 takes the championship.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Besides Wheeler is there any other PU players that you could see transfer.  It seems like you have a lot of wings who are very good so I figured at least one  might leave like Morton.

Wheeler is the main one I could see transferring tbh. Thompson won’t play as much next year but I doubt he’ll transfer. Dowuona didn’t play really at all before this year and is still having complications from COVID sadly. Wouldn’t be surprised if he medically retired from basketball tbh. Morton’s season got altered by mono I don’t think he’s going anywhere. 

13 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm kinda shocked by many of our responses. 

We are not blue blood.

We may not even be red blood anymore.  You ever seen a dead body ooze on the floor after a week or 2?  Sadly I have and that's what this program and fan base has become.  We are cheering for our foes and rivals?  Is this a joke and everyone is playing along and I didn't see the coffee drinking emoji?

I'll cheer for the 14, 15, and 16 seeds only.  There used to be a time when our favorite team was IU and anybody that was playing UK, Purdue, etc etc.  I want them all to lose and be so demoralized in the process that their programs become a heaping pile of crap and their fan bases swim in it.  Then only Ivy League and HBCU's get all the top recruits besides IU.

Fair points for sure. However, I’ve never been a big cheer against everybody type of fan. I consistently cheer against UK, Duke, Purdue, and Louisville. But that’s about it. It’s Indiana above all else, without a shred of doubt, but if these guys consistently do not make the tournament, I refuse to let it completely ruin the NCAAT for me. I agree with the earlier point on the stories. Most likely that’s where I’d end up with cheering for the Cinderellas anyway. But there are a lot of good kids playing at other colleges that each of us are familiar with for different reasons so I don’t mind seeing them succeed if there’s no IU. I don’t just cheer against everyone because my team didn’t make it. I appreciate your die hard nature in making sure we minimize the damage at every turn though...including recruiting. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

I never root for big ten teams in the tournament. Why would I want a big ten team to win the title before IU does?

My  reasons are as long as not Duke, UK or PU I am ok with just about anyone else.bif it's a big ten team there is a chance to say we'll as least we beat the national champion 

32 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Fair points for sure. However, I’ve never been a big cheer against everybody type of fan. I consistently cheer against UK, Duke, Purdue, and Louisville. But that’s about it. It’s Indiana above all else, without a shred of doubt, but if these guys consistently do not make the tournament, I refuse to let it completely ruin the NCAAT for me. I agree with the earlier point on the stories. Most likely that’s where I’d end up with cheering for the Cinderellas anyway. But there are a lot of good kids playing at other colleges that each of us are familiar with for different reasons so I don’t mind seeing them succeed if there’s no IU. I don’t just cheer against everyone because my team didn’t make it. I appreciate your die hard nature in making sure we minimize the damage at every turn though...including recruiting. 

I love the stories that come out.  The Journey has actually softened my hard heart.  I now like Fran, the Illinois kid Villasausageburger or whatever his name is and a few others.  Love cinderella's and we really need the conference to win.  Just not a team that can sustain the success like Michigan or OSU.  And clearly don't want Purdue winning it all.  

Found a new team to root for. Arkansas. Congrats to Justin Smith. Made a smart decision and decided not to waste his senior year here at IU and transfered and is now leading the Razorbacks into his first NCAA tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Justin-Smith-next-level-play-taking-Arkansas-Razorbacks-to-new-heights-161044287/Amp/

Led them to another clutch win today with 19 and 10. He has become the player at Arkansas we needed at IU.

Archived