Jump to content

Who ya pulling for in the NCAAT?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Found a new team to root for. Arkansas. Congrats to Justin Smith. Made a smart decision and decided not to waste his senior year here at IU and transfered and is now leading the Razorbacks into his first NCAA tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Justin-Smith-next-level-play-taking-Arkansas-Razorbacks-to-new-heights-161044287/Amp/

Led them to another clutch win today with 19 and 10. He has become the player at Arkansas we needed at IU.

not a Justin Smith fan

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm kinda shocked by many of our responses.  We are not blue blood. We may not even be red blood anymore.  You ever seen a dead body ooze on the floor after a week or 2?  Sadly I have and th

Good news! SportsCenter did a "Bluebloods on the Bubble" segment this morning and included IU.   

Back in the 80's when the Russian national team came over for exhibitions I rooted for them when they played Purdue

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Found a new team to root for. Arkansas. Congrats to Justin Smith. Made a smart decision and decided not to waste his senior year here at IU and transfered and is now leading the Razorbacks into his first NCAA tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Justin-Smith-next-level-play-taking-Arkansas-Razorbacks-to-new-heights-161044287/Amp/

Led them to another clutch win today with 19 and 10. He has become the player at Arkansas we needed at IU.

Could one of you guys help an old dude out?
I have read a lot of posts about whether or not we want players to stick around but keep forgetting....are we getting a lot better once Romeo leaves, or when Davis leaves, or was it when Green leaves, or maybe it was when Smith leaves?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want any team to go undefeated

I want the Big Ten to do well and want all BT teams to win in the early rounds as I want the conference to prove it is good.

I would be ok with any BT team winning it all, since it has been so long for the conference, except Purdue. I don’t care if they go to the sweet 16 Etc but under no circumstance do I want PU to have an actual (ie non-Helms) banner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

not a Justin Smith fan

I can understand that. Just wondering if he really was the problem everyone wanted to make him out to be or just a kid that was on the inside of a program that was being led nowhere and he decided he didn’t want to waste his last year playing for a coach that didn’t connect with his team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

J. Smith is averaging abt the same numbers he did at IU. Idk why everyone is acting like him leaving IU made him 100x better. Im glad hes in a winning culture right now tho. 

It might even just be that he's in a much easier conference. I don't mean for his game personally, but in terms of team success. The SEC isn't close to the Big Ten this year. 

Not saying Arkansas wouldn't be a tournament team in the Big Ten, but they certainly wouldn't have an 11-4 conference record. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BGleas said:

It might even just be that he's in a much easier conference. I don't mean for his game personally, but in terms of team success. The SEC isn't close to the Big Ten this year. 

Not saying Arkansas wouldn't be a tournament team in the Big Ten, but they certainly wouldn't have an 11-4 conference record. 

They certainly beat us two years in a row.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andrew said:

J. Smith is averaging abt the same numbers he did at IU. Idk why everyone is acting like him leaving IU made him 100x better. Im glad hes in a winning culture right now tho. 

He is avg more points, rebounds, assist, blk, stl, better fg % but mostly down the stretch he has gotten better and better compared to where he was early in the season. Right now he is their mvp as he has been a leader on that team all year. I agree the SEC is easier but it also could be his coach is making it easier for him to. Just saying I’m rooting for him. It’s the closest thing to an IU player making the tournament.

Edited by dgambill
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They certainly beat us two years in a row.

We played them 3 times and they won 2. The game we lost at Arkansas was either Morgan or Davis (can't remember which one) missing a point blank shot to win the game with like a second left. 

But again, Arkansas isn't as good this season if they're in the Big Ten. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

We played them 3 times and they won 2. The game we lost at Arkansas was either Morgan or Davis (can't remember which one) missing a point blank shot to win the game with like a second left. 

But again, Arkansas isn't as good this season if they're in the Big Ten. 

I agreed. Just saying if Arkansas is not that good what does that make us. SEC is just a different kinda basketball. Depending on how the officials want to call a game I can see some interesting ball games. Personally I think we would fair worse in SEC then the B1G...but same for Arkansas in B1G. Teams are just built differently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dgambill said:

I agreed. Just saying if Arkansas is not that good what does that make us. SEC is just a different kinda basketball. Depending on how the officials want to call a game I can see some interesting ball games. Personally I think we would fair worse in SEC then the B1G...but same for Arkansas in B1G. Teams are just built differently.

I wasn't saying Arkansas is terrible or that IU is great, just saying part of Arkansas' success compared to IU, is the conference they play in. I'm pretty confident that if you put IU in the SEC we're a solid tournament team. 

Arkansas is probably a middle of the pack, potentially lower middle of the pack, team in the Big Ten. Still better than IU? Most likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BGleas said:

I wasn't saying Arkansas is terrible or that IU is great, just saying part of Arkansas' success compared to IU, is the conference they play in. I'm pretty confident that if you put IU in the SEC we're a solid tournament team. 

Arkansas is probably a middle of the pack, potentially lower middle of the pack, team in the Big Ten. Still better than IU? Most likely. 

I will say this about Arky...Musselman can coach.  The Hogs lost their 3 leading scorers from last year's team.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rico said:

I will say this about Arky...Musselman can coach.  The Hogs lost their 3 leading scorers from last year's team.

Musselman seems to do a good job of recognizing what holes his teams have from one year to another and filling those with transfers if he doesn't get the right high school kids. That's something that a certain IU coach has shown he isn't the best at doing. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Musselman seems to do a good job of recognizing what holes his teams have from one year to another and filling those with transfers if he doesn't get the right high school kids. That's something that a certain IU coach has shown he isn't the best at doing. 

Looking at the Razorbacks' roster there is a lot of talented frosh on it besides Moody(?).  May be the team to beat in the SEC in the upcoming years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 7:25 AM, tdhoosier said:

Any big ten team, as I do every year. Even Purdue. Our conference needs a title - it’s been too long  

Outside of the Big Ten, I’ll follow Gonzaga, but not sure if I’ll root for them. I also like Texas - I’ve always liked Shaka. 

And then if CAM gets fired after the season I’ll be keeping a close eye on Texas Tech, Alabama, Baylor, etc. 

plenty of excuses to watch the tourney this year despite the high probability of is not being in it. 

I want the Big to break this title slump horribly, something about the thought of Purdue winning a title after alrdy beating our butts for seems like 6 strait years and now recruiting at a higher clip just makes me so sad. We don’t have the General commanding anymore against another great coach, Painter seriously has effectively slapped Archie around, taken his girlfriend, and ate his lunch.

 

on topic- I could get behind Michigan or Illinois if I had to pick from the BiG, outside the BiG, Barnes getting one at Tennessee would be epic on Rafters- him or Oates (Alabama)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Feathery said:

Michigan. I think this is the year a Big Ten team hangs a banner. Illinois could also do it. 

Yeah...I agree.  I think Michigan has all the pieces and qualities: shooters, size, depth, senior/experienced leaders, attitude/confidence, bb IQ, quickness/athleticism, good ball handling.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...