Jump to content

Who ya pulling for in the NCAAT?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I hate the idea of rooting for Michigan, but we need Gonzaga to lose, and if Scott Drew is a realistic candidate if IU has an opening then we need him to go far and look good but not win it all. 

You heard it here first.  Colgate will paste the Zags before they even get to the Final Four.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

How many of your records did he break?

Haha! Funny story. His mom was my french teacher over 20 years ago, so his senior year after a game I made it a point to mention to his mom that he knocked me out of the top 10 all-time scorers at our high school. She laughed and said she had noticed when he did it. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the entire tournament being played in Indiana it's a real embarrassment the Hoosiers aren't representing.  15-20 years ago it would have been discussed ad nauseum during the tournament.  However, in 2021 it's going to be more of an afterthought, which is even more embarrassing.  We've fallen a long, long way.   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't like Illinois but i like their players and roster.  They'll be the big 10 team I root for without IU in the tourney.  I'll root for Texas the most though being I live in Austin.  Of course the volleyball team has resumed so maybe I'll just watch Texas volleyball.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be really cool to see Loyola make another magical run.  Saw this stat while watching their game against Drake in the MVC Championship yesterday.

Cameron Krutwig became the 4th player in Missouri Valley Conference history to have career totals of at least 1500 points, 800 rebounds, and 300 assists.

The other 3?

  • Oscar Robertson
  • Larry Bird
  • Hersey Hawkins

Talk about hanging out with elite company.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Would be really cool to see Loyola make another magical run.  Saw this stat while watching their game against Drake in the MVC Championship yesterday.

Cameron Krutwig became the 4th player in Missouri Valley Conference history to have career totals of at least 1500 points, 800 rebounds, and 300 assists.

The other 3?

  • Oscar Robertson
  • Larry Bird
  • Hersey Hawkins

Talk about hanging out with elite company.

 

I thought you were going to comment on Damezi Anderson. Does anyone know if he is hurt? He has very little playing time this year and I thought that was the issue that caused him to transfer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

I thought you were going to comment on Damezi Anderson. Does anyone know if he is hurt? He has very little playing time this year and I thought that was the issue that caused him to transfer?

He not hurt...played 1 minute in the conference tournament against SIU on 3/5...

Damezi is just not the player people thought he was coming out of high school...same player we saw here...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He not hurt...played 1 minute in the conference tournament against SIU on 3/5...

Damezi is just not the player people thought he was coming out of high school...same player we saw here...

I was never impressed with him. Hopefully he improves and gets some playing time in the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I was never impressed with him. Hopefully he improves and gets some playing time in the future. 

I hope so too...geez, he's only played 18 minutes all year...the transfer certainly didn't turn out like he thought...

I think it's always difficult for big high school scorers to understand there are ways to get minutes beyond scoring...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IU Scott said:

Fixed the Purdue part for you

I know it isn’t a popular opinion on here but I don’t hate Purdue. I hate Kentucky but not Purdue. I honestly think it would bring the fan base together some if they won. Wouldn’t have this superiority complex going on and we can just appreciate both great programs for being an excellent reflection of the state of Indiana basketball and its tradition. Just like I wanted Butler to win both those finals.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...