Jump to content

Michigan Pre Game Thread (11am CST)


IowaHoosierFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

When: Saturday, February 27th 12 noon EST Fox

Where: Simon-Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, IN

Michigan.PNG.517dc700e38c9b1783970b75da3f4259.PNG

Very experienced group...Their normal rotation goes 8 deep...

The Dickinson kid can play...Played both ends pretty well against Garza last night. He's the kind of big we have trouble with.

Isaiah Livers is a player too. He's their "guy" when they need a basket...Great on both ends.

Wagner is probably the top NBA prospect on the roster...Multi talented...Can shoot the 3 as well as drive the ball...Eli Brooks might be the best on the ball defender in the B1G...

And Mike Smith (Columbia transfer) is their point...They have smaller guards, so we might match up well there...

Off the bench, Chaundee Brown (Wake transfer) can light it up in a hurry if he's on...And Austin Davis is the Wolverines version of Joey Brunk...A dependable senior off the bench who's tricky on the inside and can body up any big in the B1G...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Dickinson’s frame reminds me of Brook Lopez.  Brook went in the top ten in the draft so maybe we can get rid of Dickinson right away.  Brook didn’t become a shooter until later.  

Dickinson is a load, all right...

Livers, Brown, and Smith all shoot north of 42% from 3...Wagner and Brooks are 37-38%...They're a very good offensive club...11th in Offensive Rating...And no slouch on defense...66th (out of 347) Defensive rating...they'll get after you...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly.  I really like watching Livers play.  Plays hard and tough, with an edge that I really like.  He’s a competitive kid.  

Last night, we had a thread about Hunter and how he was sent to the locker room.  I have no idea what he did wrong so I can’t comment on that.  But I will say this. Not everyone needs to be a choir boy.  Hunter has been edgy lately out there, and I......kinda like it.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just don't see this one being close very long. Hope I am wrong but I see a 85-58 kind of game unfortunately.  Too much talent all around.

Does anyone know  what school has the most McDonald's AA committed for next year?  If you said Michigan you are correct.  Not only will they beat us on Saturday the Wolverines will break the BIg streak and cut down the nets in Indy as the national champions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

First game in a while I might not get to watch live due to having Little Keet's birthday party on Saturday.  We've had some big hills to climb at times this year, but this one feels like a mountain. 

Happy Birthday to him! 🎂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to see us win Saturday but just can't see it.  Only thing to hope for is that UM is tired from playing Thursday night and having to play at noon Saturday after traveling.  They are in a middle of playing 4 games in 8 days and we are between them playing Iowa and I think UI

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wonder what the word is on Armaan? 

I know it's one of those "excuses" that some people don't like to hear, but having your second leading scorer, your best 3 point option, and an emerging star hobbled/lost for half the season has made a difference...

It seems like he keeps turning that ankle all the time and probably won't get better until after the season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

First game in a while I might not get to watch live due to having Little Keet's birthday party on Saturday.  We've had some big hills to climb at times this year, but this one feels like a mountain. 

Tell him to have a happy birthday from all of Dad's fake friends at HSN. Have a great day celebrating with him and lots less stress than tuning in and much much much more enjoyable as you already know. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wonder what the word is on Armaan? 

I know it's one of those "excuses" that some people don't like to hear, but having your second leading scorer, your best 3 point option, and an emerging star hobbled/lost for half the season has made a difference...

Him playing will not make any difference. Michigan is a terrible match up for us and throw in all five positions can score from anywhere.

We have no one to guard Livers and Wagner and their center is a nightmare be for TJD.

I just hope we are competitive and we keep the loss under 20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

Him playing will not make any difference. Michigan is a terrible match up for us and throw in all five positions can score from anywhere.

We have no one to guard Livers and Wagner and their center is a nightmare be for TJD.

I just hope we are competitive and we keep the loss under 20.

I am not a gambler but I think I am going to place a bet on Michigan so if they win thats good and if by  a miracle IU wins even better.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Tell him to have a happy birthday from all of Dad's fake friends at HSN. Have a great day celebrating with him and lots less stress than tuning in and much much much more enjoyable as you already know. 

Thanks.  He wanted a cake that looks like the floor at Assembly Hall.  My wife has some great ideas for that.  He will probably want to turn it on, as will I, but I dread having it on with other people around.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • IowaHoosierFan changed the title to Michigan Pre Game Thread (11am CST)
  • KDB locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...