Michigan Pre Game Thread (11am CST)

IowaHoosierFan

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Dickinson is a load, all right...

Livers, Brown, and Smith all shoot north of 42% from 3...Wagner and Brooks are 37-38%...They're a very good offensive club...11th in Offensive Rating...And no slouch on defense...66th (out of 347) Defensive rating...they'll get after you...

Maybe just maybe since we seem to allow horrible shooting teams to have career games from 3 against us and we held Iowa a great shooting team down...maybe we can limit Michigan from distance....maybe.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just don't see this one being close very long. Hope I am wrong but I see a 85-58 kind of game unfortunately.  Too much talent all around.

Does anyone know  what school has the most McDonald's AA committed for next year?  If you said Michigan you are correct.  Not only will they beat us on Saturday the Wolverines will break the BIg streak and cut down the nets in Indy as the national champions.

Hope so...been too long for the B1G.

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Him playing will not make any difference. Michigan is a terrible match up for us and throw in all five positions can score from anywhere.

We have no one to guard Livers and Wagner and their center is a nightmare be for TJD.

I just hope we are competitive and we keep the loss under 20.

Maybe not...It seems to bother him more in certain games (Rutgers) than others (Northwestern)...

I would imagine Galloway will start in his place...

28 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

First game in a while I might not get to watch live due to having Little Keet's birthday party on Saturday.  We've had some big hills to climb at times this year, but this one feels like a mountain. 

Happy birthday! It’s my wife’s today. I’m hoping tomorrow she will have me tied up all day....both literally and metaphorically lol! But that would be my birthday wish not hers lol. So sadly I may have to watch a funeral...the death of IUs tournament hopes.

Just now, dgambill said:

Happy birthday! It’s my wife’s today. I’m hoping tomorrow she will have me tied up all day....both literally and metaphorically lol! But that would be my birthday wish not hers lol. So sadly I may have to watch a funeral...the death of IUs tournament hopes.

Happy birthday to her. I was going to say that would be your wish but you already had that in there. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Which reminds me of the joke where a guys wife met him at the door in a gown, handed him a rope, and said "you can tie me up and do whatever you want."

So he tied her up and went golfing...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Which reminds me of the joke where a guys wife met him at the door in a gown, handed him a rope, and said "you can tie me up and do whatever you want."

So he tied her up and went golfing...

And this is why I love this board...just when I was feeling blue you guys pick me right up!

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe not...It seems to bother him more in certain games (Rutgers) than others (Northwestern)...

I would imagine Galloway will start in his place...

To me you would have to start Hunter and go bigger since UM front line is so big Liver 6'8, Wagner 6'9, Dickinson 7'1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

That may be...But then you limit your frontcourt depth...you have to go small sometime during the game...

When Galloway in there then you have two guys they don't have to worry about scoring in RP and Galloway.  Again I don't see why today's players can't play 35+ minutes in a game.  The other night butler was so short handed they had 4 guys play over 35 minutes and won the game.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

When Galloway in there then you have two guys they don't have to worry about scoring in RP and Galloway.  Again I don't see why today's players can't play 35+ minutes in a game.  The other night butler was so short handed they had 4 guys play over 35 minutes and won the game.

Just going by recent history...

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would guess you are right on who starts but i don't think it would be the best decision.

Agreed. By the time Hunter gets in the game we will likely be in a hole. We have Geronimo to come off the bench. I start the best 5 I can and figure out the substitutions as I go. This isn’t a game or team I can just lineup and beat. We need to do some things outside the box to beat them. No one expects us to win. He isn’t going to catch heat if he takes a chance. He will take heat if he doubles down and does the same old predictable things. I think we will need the offense and Hunter spreads the floor.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Maybe just maybe since we seem to allow horrible shooting teams to have career games from 3 against us and we held Iowa a great shooting team down...maybe we can limit Michigan from distance....maybe.

Even if Michigan comes out cold with shooting, gets sloppy, etc, I still think they can beat us double digits by out-toughing us and just getting it done by grit.  

• IowaHoosierFan changed the title to Michigan Pre Game Thread (11am CST)
24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think Hunter has been moving his feet better on D.   He was a train wreck in that regard earlier.  Maybe I’m reaching but, shoot me, I’m trying to find something positive.  

No I agree. He actually had been getting down in a stance and getting more active. Even saw several turnovers the game the other night that he created. He is getting better. Streaky shooter but hey better than a poor shooter.

41 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The starting line up is going to be the exact same as every single game
Rob
Al
TJD
Race
Franklin 

There is nothing in 4 years that tells me he is going to make a dramatic shift from what he does every single game.  I would be shocked if the first 4 in the list did not start.

Depends on if Franklin can play

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Depends on if Franklin can play

That's what I was going to say...He was having big problems with it Wednesday, and it showed in his play...

I know we need him, but I think it might be better to call it a year and let that ankle get healed...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's what I was going to say...He was having big problems with it Wednesday, and it showed in his play...

I know we need him, but I think it might be better to call it a year and let that ankle get healed...

With him sitting out the second half I have doubts if he plays Saturday

Archived