Michigan Pre Game Thread (11am CST)

IowaHoosierFan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Interested to see if Armaan plays, and also interested to see if the freshmen play more minutes and how Archie handles Rob if he’s not playing well. 

Doesn't matter to some. Just an excuse. We should be able to beat Michigan with 4 student managers and The Mop Lady...

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Good article by TDH

Reference the Rutgers' game...

"We weren’t prepared to play. I don’t even know how to answer it honestly. Just know that it won’t happen again, that’s basically all that you need to know.”

Hoping...

Smh.  I said before if he wasn't from up the road, Trayce would be taking a ton of heat this year, stats be darned.  The loafing down the court, the lack of leadership, and a few quotes that he really should just keep to himself and prove it on the court because we all know talk is cheap.  

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Watching the Big Ten classic game with Indiana vs Michigan at Ann Arbor from 1987.   The game that was played back then was vastly more entertaining than the game played today in college basketball,  

It's almost unrecognizable.  

• Mid-Range jumpers galore.  And, the kids could make them.
  • Frieder left Gary Grant in with 2 fouls in the first half and he picked up his 3rd.  Likewise, Knight is playing Smart with 4 fouls and 9 minutes still remaining.
  • 10 minutes into the game before either coach substituted.
  • Knight benched Garrett late in the first half for Eyl, and Eyl started the 2nd half.  Garrett has yet to play in the second with 7 minutes left.
  • IU had 11 or 12 turnovers in the first 10 minutes.  Both teams have to have about 20.
  • Alford had a 5 point play.  Hit a 3 and the player fouled him on his follow through after the shot.  Back then he got a 1:1 since the ball had been released.
  • Some crazy plays.  A Michigan player actually pump-faked a free throw and it was called a violation.  I had never seen that before.  Several other things that you just don't see anymore.
  • Several offensive fouls called that would be defensive fouls today.
  • Alford wins the game with a runner in the lane with 1 second left.

I'm glad you mentioned the shooting and foul calls - good confirmation of my memory and opinion on the current state of CBB.

I "remember" that game, specifically how disappointed I was to miss it because I was working some crazy hours during that time (also had to miss the first two saturday games in the tournament that year 😬)

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Show him this 😁

Screenshot_20210226-165859.thumb.png.d6f77241689c498e04d18f4a1f35600f.png

In the 80's into early 90's I had a fellow employee who was a huge UM fan (M.S. from there) - beyond fanatic, more like zealot.  Whenever I'd talk about 1976 he'd ALWAYS assert that UM was the best team that season (despite losing 3 times to an undefeated IU team).  His reasoning:  IU just "had their number" that season. 🤭

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This is Little Keet’s Assembly Hall cake I referenced earlier. I thought my wife did a great job and wanted to share it with folks who would appreciate it. Now back to discussing how we can pull an upset today. 

B4CB1E0E-40CE-40EA-83D5-DA320F948A78.jpeg

Glad it didn't have the hideous B10 logo on it.

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

This is Little Keet’s Assembly Hall cake I referenced earlier. I thought my wife did a great job and wanted to share it with folks who would appreciate it. Now back to discussing how we can pull an upset today. 

B4CB1E0E-40CE-40EA-83D5-DA320F948A78.jpeg

Maybe that's the good luck piece we need. If we win she has to duplicate it every game. Have a blessed my friend!!

Cake looks great 

51 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

In the 80's into early 90's I had a fellow employee who was a huge UM fan (M.S. from there) - beyond fanatic, more like zealot.  Whenever I'd talk about 1976 he'd ALWAYS assert that UM was the best team that season (despite losing 3 times to an undefeated IU team).  His reasoning:  IU just "had their number" that season. 🤭

Yeah we did...

In the second half, IU scored 57 points which is still the most points in any championship game half, first or second half...ever...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It is, but they're not having a ceremony at the game because of no crowd...virtual after the game from what I read...

Dang that sucks. Wish they would've done something with Al and Joey's families at least at the game. I know it'd be different with no crowd but virtual just isn't the same especially for those two guys. 

Archived