Michigan Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

At a 7”1 center. It’s tough to finish over size like that. He is giving up 4 inches.

It is just not today but the whole year.  Try something besides just putting your head down and going all the way to the basket.  Come to a jump stop, use some pump fakes or some spin moves.  Also learn to use the board because it is there to help you.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My god Trace hit a damn layup.  Try to come to a stop and then pump fake and then go up

Dickinson is too well coached for that Scott. He is taught to play straight up. He is so tall he doesn’t jump until you do. You can pump fake all day...he isn’t leaving his feet.

Just now, AshtonHershey said:

If the team doesn't win, there shouldn't be senior speeches. Earn something.

They've earned senior speeches with 4 years of hard work and dedication. I'm sure that don't love the results either, they're more frustrated than any of us on message board, but they've earned senior day speeches. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonHershey said:

If the team doesn't win, there shouldn't be senior speeches. Earn something.

That is a ridiculous statement.  These guys have put 4 years of blood sweat and tears into their career.  They put everything in to being a student athlete at IU so they deserve recognition.  Us fans sit on our butt watching and complaining but we don't put anything onto the program like these guys do.

Just now, BGleas said:

They've earned senior speeches with 4 years of hard work and dedication. I'm sure that don't love the results either, they're more frustrated than any of us on message board, but they've earned senior day speeches. 

I just feel like it is a participation trophy. It would be nice to stop rewarding mediocrity.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It is just not today but the whole year.  Try something besides just putting your head down and going all the way to the basket.  Come to a jump stop, use some pump fakes or some spin moves.  Also learn to use the board because it is there to help you.

He does those things scott. He does. Problem is he is an undersized center that is typically 2-4 inches smaller and 20-30 lbs lighter. Bigs are taught not to leave their feet on a pump fake. You either need to go quick and try to finish with your length or you go THROUGH your defender. But pump faking against the bigs in B1G probably aren’t going to help a lot.

Just now, AshtonHershey said:

I just feel like it is a participation trophy. It would be nice to stop rewarding mediocrity.

So you only get senior night if you win? Senior night is to honor 4 years of hard work and dedication. 

Its not easy being a collegiate athlete, win or lose, and the guys deserve that recognition. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Michigan bigs aren’t finishing any better...just getting more chances. It’s hard to score against size. People act like Trayce is the only one having trouble.

You act like that no shorter players can score in the post.  Ask Charles Barkley how at 6'4 that did so good in the post against 7'0

Archived