Michigan Game Thread

Just now, IU Scott said:

You act like that no shorter players can score in the post.  Ask Charles Barkley how at 6'4 that did so good in the post against 7'0

So you want Trayce to be a top 50 nba player of all time. Gotcha.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They've earned senior speeches with 4 years of hard work and dedication. I'm sure that don't love the results either, they're more frustrated than any of us on message board, but they've earned senior

I'm really don't mean this to be rude or to be going at you, but as someone that played 4 years of college basketball, and for a program that wasn't great, your take on this is borderline offensive. 

Juwan Howard is doing a tremendous job.  With that said, I hate this narrative the media pushed that Howard is "restoring Michigan basketball"   Hugely disrespectful to John Bielein who is t

Posted Images

Just now, IU Scott said:

You act like that no shorter players can score in the post.  Ask Charles Barkley how at 6'4 that did so good in the post against 7'0

That’s a good point but Chuck was pretty special and that doesn’t happen often.

• Like 1
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Lol yeah let’s refer to a top 15 player of all time as the example that it should be done. Chuck was a special special player. 

• Like 2
Just now, Hippopotamo said:

They’ve taken twice as many FTs as us. I don’t think they’ve been more physical than us. 

I think they'll let Wagner take a few more during halftime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, John S said:

Dickinson was a 4 star.  Not highly recruited.   Played against Garza in HS.  Now look how he cotributes AS A freshman,  and he does make mistakes but is growing.   

Not highly recruited?
He had offers from Virginia, UNC, Louisville, Maryland, Notre Dame, Purdue, Illinois and a dozen others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I am not saying they play at the same level but to say he is missing inside 3 feet just because of side is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

You are rewarding them for completing the most important part of attending college, a DEGREE

That's fair- it just feels like we treat players like heroes when often they show poor effort, discipline, and performance. If there were speeches for individual players after they won a conference championship, I would be fine with that. Having everyone who graduates from IU give a 10-minute speech would seem excessive.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am not saying they play at the same level but to say he is missing inside 3 feet just because of side is ridiculous.

I think you ride him too hard. His fg % is one of the best in the B1G...and good even for a big. He isn’t going to make them all. Hurts when he misses one after getting a step but your expectations are way to high.

I was happy with the effort and thought we played fairy well but it just shows the discrepancy between the two teams in talent level and player development. There is no excuse that after 4 years that we are so far behind in talent level and development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

not a bad half.  my question about us always saying the officials aren't giving us a fair shake - what is the theory?  they don't like us?  we say that for away games because they are getting the calls at home, but then say the same at home.  are they all out to get us because we stink, so they don't like us?