TJD Status Next Year

Purpose16

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why would he stay. The thing he needs to learn. Shooting we clearly don’t know how to teach. 

He should probably transfer not go pro 

Transferring would be the worst choice!!...He would have to sit out a year. He needs to play now, get a year better, then take a sniff at the NBA....

15 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Transferring would be the worst choice!!...He would have to sit out a year. He needs to play now, get a year better, then take a sniff at the NBA....

No he wouldn't have to sit out the year because they will be allowing you to transfer once without sitting out.

He should stay another year. He’s a good player but he’s a super late second round player/not even a second rounder because he hasn’t diversified his game.

Hes maybe a power forward but likely a small forward in the NBA. Idk how any of his skills translate to that position rn and warrant him entering the draft. 

30 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why would he stay. The thing he needs to learn. Shooting we clearly don’t know how to teach. 

He should probably transfer not go pro 

Agreed with the first half. But if he goes pro he can at least learn and get better full time instead of limited practice hours and class obligations. If he’s set on going pro, might as well go. 

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's not just his shot that needs development.  He also needs to work on:

• Ball handling
  • His right hand
  • Strength
  • Consistent motor

I don’t necessarily disagree but I have to wonder if these issue you’ve presented would in fact be issues surround by different teammates and adult leaders.

I think the kids got game and is currently hindered from a higher level of development.

34 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

We as IU fans want him to stay. But he needs to go even if there’s no chance he gets drafted. Players get better in the G league or overseas quicker than by staying in college. He can learn to develop a consistent shot while working at it as his job. 

Yep. He’s going to be playing against higher level players on a regular basis in the G, and he’s not going to have to worry about going to class or whatever - 24/7 focus on getting better at the game. 

Really would like to see what this team would be like if he returned, though. 

Just now, AxnJxn said:

Yep. He’s going to be playing against higher level players on a regular basis in the G, and he’s not going to have to worry about going to class or whatever - 24/7 focus on getting better at the game. 

Really would like to see what this team would be like if he returned, though. 

Well when he plays the quality players in college he didn't fair well.  So if he doesn't improve his offensive moves he won't be able to compete at the g league level

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but I have to wonder if these issue you’ve presented would in fact be issues surround by different teammates and adult leaders.

I think the kids got game and is currently hindered from a higher level of development.

It really looks to like CAM is telling guys where they can and cant shoot from. They all look like they are scared to shoot the ball. Something has to explain this horrendous team shooting. 

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No he wouldn't have to sit out the year because they will be allowing you to transfer once without sitting out.

That was for this year...the legislation for the one time, no penalty transfer for next year and beyond hasn't been voted on yet...they delayed the vote in January...

Link...

55 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Welcome to the board! I think TJD moves on if the chance presents itself. His potential is clear and might be enough. Would love to see him stay though.

Thank you for the kind welcome, Inequality ... very much appreciated !  I agree with your point re clear potential....my point is that I think he's really undervalued as a late second and could move up by staying another year.

56 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Welcome to the board! I think TJD moves on if the chance presents itself. His potential is clear and might be enough. Would love to see him stay though.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Unless this info is wrong but average G-league player makes 35k a season and minimum salary for a rookie nba player is almost 900k so it would actually benefit him to stay a year and guarantee himself at the very least a second round pick in the draft, although I think he’d end up in the top 30. 

Hoosier Dave ...you and I are of one mind...I see him in the top 30 also.

1 minute ago, Purpose16 said:

Thank you for the kind welcome, Inequality ... very much appreciated !  I agree with your point re clear potential....my point is that I think he's really undervalued as a late second and could move up by staying another year.

Your welcome. We need fresh faces, thoughts and ideas around here always!

I think a year makes a huge difference in just about anything related to progression. My concern is along the lines of, is TJD currently in a situation to get the most out of the extra year or would he be better of in another in which he could get get max gains.

Archived